Thursday, September 25, 2008

Share Your Cool Decor Touches Part 4

· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: AnnieMegLilyBean
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.501
Thank you Suzanne! I will go out tomorrow and buy some Kilz..is there a specific one I should buy? The foam brushes you are talking about are the ones that are gray with the little wooden handles?
ShelbyAnnie 5/7/02Meg 3/7/04Lily 2/20/07
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.502
Shelby - just the basic white, original primer Kilz. After this primer, you can use oil-based or latex paint.




Yes, those super cheap gray foam brushes wooden handles. I bought a multi-size bag at HD because that is where I was at the time, but I imagine the ones at Wal-Mart are the same anyway and probably cheaper. Good luck with your project!


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: webmom30
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.503
If it is laminate, which it does sound like it is, you'll have to lightly sand it first. Enough to take off the shine, but not etch the laminate. Otherwise, the paint won't stick.
Here's something else that I did, for functions sake, and it turned out to be kind of cute. My kitchen table seats 6, without the leaf, and 8 with the leaf. I keep the leaf out, so we have more room in the kitchen, so that leaves me with two extra chairs. I bought this hook at Ikea (less than $5 I think) and now I hang up the chairs when I'm not using them. They are out of the way, and I can still clean the floors without having to move them. I had this odd little wall area between my china cabinet and the wall, so it became the perfect spot. I did get wood hooks, instead of metal, because I did not want to damage my chairs.
Before:


After:


ETA: I forgot one more pic! I have this weird 1960's bathroom. It had a shelf on top of the shower. Eventually we want to redo this whole bathroom, but in the meantime I just jazzed it up with some fake grass from Target. The jars are glass, so I hot glued them to the shelf. The pic I got at a yard sale for $2, so even if it gets messed up from the steam of the shower, I'm okay with it. The shower curtain is from Mervyns. I change out the towels every once in a while. (blue ones currently, Tan ones later)



Edited 3/11/08 by webmom30
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: Lesil
· From: JoshuaJacob
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.504
Lesil, yeah when you walked into Hobby Lobby store both signs were posted. I live in Norfolk Ne and they quit doing it here it sucks. Have you been to yours in a while to check to see if they still do it.
Jennifer

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: mesweetie83
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.505
Hi Ladies,
Once again, I need help! You helped me yesterday with my thermostat and intake vent. I am going to paint it and add shelves so that I can camoflouge the thermostat. But now I am ready to paint my entry way and living/dining room. It is a massive room with 2 story vaulted ceilings (we will be hiring it done). But I need help with the color choice. I have sage color sheers and whitewash furniture. Here are some pics:

Thanks for any and all of your help. It is greatly appreciated!! :) Morgan
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: hopingforhearts
· From: thewritegirl
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.506
That's so funny that you mentioned the charger box - I was just digging through the garage to see if I could find something suitable for a box for that exact purpose. Such a good idea! I haven't seen the PB one, but I saw it on an HGTV clip not too long ago. I'll look and see if I can post a pic.
Here it is...it was on DIYnet, not HGTV.

Here it is with the lid on, behind the basket...
These are the brief instructions they give...
Items like keys, cell phones and MP3 players often end up in the entryway (figure A). But tabletop storage can make the area more attractive.
· All the cords and adapters can be hidden by converting a photo box.
· A power strip allows you to charge everything in one area.
· It’s as easy as cutting a hole for the power strip at the back of the box and smaller holes on the sides for the adapters (figure B). Bookplates and mini-brads give it a finished look.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: kimberly2504
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.507

Everyone is so creative!
Not an original idea, but I'm finishing up my photo wall. It's above the couch in my living room. Please excuse the mess on the couch! And the fact that I haven't gotten any picutres in the frames yet. (Oh, and the letter are the initial of the first name of myself, dh, and dd).
How does it look?
KimArmy wife and Mom to Alyssa, 3

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: kimberly2504
· From: mesweetie83
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.508
I love your wall grouping with the letters, too! I think it is very creative! More creative than I am! :) Morgan
Edited 3/11/08 by mesweetie83

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: EmilyP53
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.509
This thread is the reason I found myself at Big lots searching for jars today LOL I never go to Big lots, interesting place.
I haven't done a ton to this house because we are renting (we sold our house) until we figure out where we want to live. Now I feel the need to make drapes, hang pictures and buy glass jars LOL
I love the charger box idea. we have so many cell phones etc it would look much nicer.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: bijouli
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.510
I'm afraid to post on this thread for fear of killing it.... I'm loving all the ideas and spent the better part of the past 2 hours reading everything and I love the blog!!!
My fav is the charging station wall shelf! I spend so much $ on one of those charging stations and it doesn't even fit an electrical cord large enough to accommodate the chargers - how insane is that?! I'm stealing that idea for sure!
Love the idea for hiding the thermostat - brilliant!
I've used table runners for valances in my small guest bath and kitchen sink but I did it the opposite way. Imagine a table runner with pointy ends w/tassels. Cut it in half in the middle so you have 2 pieces w/the points. Laying them side by side w/the points downward, make a hem at the top to go ever a curtain rod. You can shorten them if necessary. It looks so cute in the little bathroom window and the kitchen window needed 2 runners.
Something I get compliments on are the way I framed my baby announcements. I used matching frames with a matte in each to hold 2 pictures. I put the announcement in the top spot which were both done in similar black and white print and then put their foot print on matching paper in the bottom spot and hung them side by side. It came out cuter than I anticipated.
I also lined the back of my entertainment center bookshelves but with an old bamboo type window shade. It worked out that it fit both sides perfectly by just cutting it in half. It's looks amazing!
I've got so many ideas but I'm drawing a blank. Please, please, please do not let me be the killer of this thread!! lol!
Julianne

Olivia (2/13/01)Isabella (4/13/06)

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.511
I've been working on curtains all day!
So yesterday I too my shades in the kitchen apart to re do them. Today, I took them apart again. They were fine, but I changed my mind again. Daggonit I'm going to be done with these things.
I wanted plaid valance and striped curtains. The only problem is that when I got to the store, they didn't have enough of the stripe. I don't want to wait for them to special order it, so I'm going to put floral on the bottom and see if it will work that way! gosh I hope!
I browsed thru the threads and see a lot of good looking pics.
i need help w/my dining room, but I'm going to do it in a seperate post.

Mel ~ mom to 3 girls and 1 boy


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: webmom30
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.512
Julianne: I want to see pictures, please. I'm visual, with no imagination.


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Mom2Abby&Henry
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.513
Y'all have inspired me!! Today I went thrift store shopping and found great white dishes. With a candlestick and plate I made a stand and put some beachy things on it. I found a beach themed potpourri with seashells, starfish, and other neat things. It looks great and smells nice as I walk in my house.
I also found a nice sized decanter at Ross for $4.99. It looks really nice on my bathroom counter. Another bathroom tip that I have is, I have a tall piece of pottery on my counter to hold my toothbrush and toothpaste. It looks nice.
I LOVE to decorate. How good I am is up for debate, but I have fun. I also love to decorate on the cheap. All of the art in my living/dining room is from the thrift store.
THANKS LADIES!!
-- Brandi
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.514
Word to the wise on the decanters.
You need to make sure that they are lead free if you plan on using them for the mouthwash, otherwise, the lead will leach into the liquid.
Mel ~ mom to 3 girls and 1 boy



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.515
Sharing dining room pics. Here is my lovely hutch. I LOVE this piece. If my house were on fire, after the kids and dh were out safely, I just might run back in for this thing (and my armoir in the living room)

Anyway, the top seemed so empty so I scrounged thru the house for all of my "crystal" (most of it's fake LOL) and put it all up there. It's all just mixed and matched. I tried to keep the sizes similar on each side to keep it balanced. I have a single candle stick on one side (the other broke) and a single hurricane lamp on the other (the other one broke) I have an ice bowl on one side, pitcher on the other. Anyway. I just wanted to share that. I would love to have cream dishes on the shelves so that they would pop, but the Depression Glass was my grandmothers, so I use it instead.
Here is where I need help. I have an odd shaped dining room and my table doesn't really fit here. I was 36 weeks preggo when we moved in. I got pizzed b/c I couldn't get it arranged. I set the table down on an angle and said screw it. It is seriously the best way for it to go in the room. But my wall behind it is just empty. I can't put the hutch there, it's off center and looks terrible. The pics that are there are just proped up to keep them out of the reach of little hands. That's not where they are going to live forever.
Any tips. The painting is staying put.
Mel ~ mom to 3 girls and 1 boy



· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: endowife
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.516
Best. Thread. Ever.
Colleen
Grace 9/13/02
Katherine 4/20/04
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: amykakes
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.517
webmom30--sorry if this is a repost how did you make the book case?? i have been looking for something to keep all the book but just can't find anything. YOurs look sgreat
ALso anyone the can put things onto of there cabinets, iis it level with the top or does it sink down a little??

O yeah!! PICTURES< PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Amy

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: AnnieMegLilyBean
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.518
Mel ~ Why don't you use scrapbooking paper in your hutch? You could choose something that would make the dishes you have in there stand out more. I saw the Nester did that and it looked great. I kind of like the table at an angle...it's different. I think you need a cool tassel hanging from your light fixture and then some sort of black metal piece on the wall where you have the photos propped. Also a runner on the table and some sort of centerpiece that compliments the window coverings. Speaking of which, what are you going to do on the windows?
ShelbyAnnie 5/7/02Meg 3/7/04Lily 2/20/07
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.519

I took a few more pictures today of things that I get usually get compliments on when people come over for the first time. First, more plates. Bought at TJ Maxx. They're chocolate brown transferware. Next, I have this fruit stand next to my garden tub to hold bath stuff.Last, I have these two canisters filled with colorful pasta on my counter. I love the rainbow pasta but need to buy new stuff for the other one.Ashely, this is the oil bottle I have my dishsoap in. I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.This is one of my Easter decorations. It's pastel shimmery plastic eggs in a footed crystal bowl. At Christmas time I fill it with glass ball ornaments.Love this thread!

var ad_leaderboard = "http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/bc.";
ad_leaderboard += _bcParentTopic;
ad_leaderboard += ".com/bbs"+_forumId;
ad_leaderboard += ";sz=300x250;tile=3;pos=box;ord=";
ad_leaderboard += ord;
ad_leaderboard += "?";
document.write('');


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.520

JustinsMommy - what color paint is that on the wall with the plates? I love it!

Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: ari&elimom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.521
My pictures posted of order....I can't figure out how to edit or make smaller...sorry!
I am not crafty or creative....so if I can't buy it at a store, I just don't have it in me to make it....so I love reading this thread and others like it to get inspiration. My house is so small and I don't have much room for more stuff....but I am wondering about the scrapbook paper in the back of my entertainment center, but not sure if it would be "too much." I did want something in a corner that was just empty......so I first found the iron wall art, then had an image of a big vase type thing and found this....then put sticks in it.....then I added a family picture. I just can't figure out how to hide the computer/cable cords along the baseboard.
The other small table.......I just got tired of putting my purse in the above corner when I came home, along with the kids homework folders (we just finished homework when I took the picture) so I bought this basket at Target for 75% off.


I found this blanket after Christmas a few years ago at Target (75%off)but didn't want to use it as such, so I covered the other small table (with same basket full of magazines underneath). Next to it is my ugly fake plant, but I like the greenery and don't want to bother with real in the corner. Here is the other wall...I just bought the lamp a few months ago...I have terrible lighting in this room!
And here is the entertainment center...I'm wondering about the paper for the top shelves.....and what to do with the shelf above the TV part.



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: MnGMom.
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.522
I like those transferware dishes. I didn't know what there were called, but my mom has a ton of Blue Willow ones. I think some would look nice on my wall. You gave me a great idea.

Check my profile for my favorite GPT sites!
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: SuzanneTX
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.523
Suzanne-could you post a picture of the Hallmark bunny plates that you found? I would love to see them. I have a plate obsession and love having plates for each holiday.TIA!!
JenniferDS-5 yrs.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: MightyPixie
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.524

I'll have to dig through the paint cans tomorrow and get back to you. I don't have that paint strip with all of my other ones.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: fuzzylolipop
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.525
Mel - a nice collection of English red or brown or even black transferware would set off your grandmother's Depression glass very nicely - just tuck the dishes behind the glass pieces! eBay, sister!Do you have a pic of the dining room from the other side? Or from all directions? I can't tell exactly what is happening in there - it looks like one corner is cut off from the doorway - is that right? And the rest is squared off normally? And what is your table length and the room length? With that info I can give you some suggestions. -Nicole


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: amykakes
· From: webmom30
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.526

I posted general directions on post #159167.208. I was just winging it. I can settle down and post step by step directions if that's what you need. It's crazy simple. And crazy cheap.
I have more pictures, but I don't want to be a post hog. Well, this is what I did this last weekend. DH was in Vegas, on a boys trip. Instead of being mad/sad, I decided to redecorate! Our patio is from the 70's. We want to redo the patio eventually. When we redo it, I'll change the light fixture.
Okay, this was my patio before: (ignore the blondie in the pic)

Here it is after:


And:


I hung some Ikea curtains, and rods. The table and sectional are from walmart. The wood table is from the salvation army, for $2. It was a side table. I cut down the legs, and plan on painting it brown. The rug was clearanced at Target last summer ($12!) The plants and plantstands are from Target. They were full price, but totally worth it. (I don't normally pay retail, if I can help it!!) I did buy some iron work to add to the cinderblock wall, but I couldn't find the right drill bit to hang them. DH will have to do it later.
What do you think?


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: befana02
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.527
Ok, I guess I'll add mine. I painted a backsplash in my kitchen. Im not ready for the permanent tiles so I just painted mine. It was not completly finished in this picture, but just about.


Jess
ds-09/05


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: ***Lisa***
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.528
WishOnAStar:Thank YOU so much! I had just recently been trying to decide what to do with all of dd's hair clips/bows(now that she finally has hair). She has a ton of them and their all in a drawer where it is always hard to find the matching clip. Your idea was exactly what I was looking for! So I copied you and went and bought the stuff today(about $6!!!) and I LOVE the way it turned out! Just wanted to share!!And thank you to everyone else with all your fabolous ideas! I rent right nowI may add something more to it, I'm not sure of what though.With a few clips on it, finished product:Close up of bottom:
LisaMarried Curtis on 2.2.00Momma to Xavier 6.14.00Isabella 5.18.06
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: CherryBlossomKokeshi
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.529
Webmom...loooove the new patio!! Now it looks like you're ready for a party! I love the look, but at the same time I'm thinking about it getting too dirty outside? Maybe just because I've lived in some pretty dusty places. Looks like you have nice grass though. Was the Walmart table/sectional on clearance? Makes me wish I was in the States- I'd run to Walmart! I so need new outdoor furniture.
I live in base housing, so painting isn't an option and I see how much I'm missing out on. I have so much on our walls (everything from paintings to a carpet from Bahrain) that it might seem very cluttered to some people, but most of it is from different countries that we've visited or lived in, so it has a lot of meaning. After reading this thread I'm thinking of all the things I want to do to our home in San Diego when we move back someday!
Love this thread!!

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: AnnieMegLilyBean
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.530
Webmom ~ Your patio looks great! I love the curtains. We have a huge wrap around covered porch and I am trying to convince dh that we need to purchase a wicker seating group for the side of the house. So far he is fighting me since it will be several hundred dollars. Maybe I can show him how nice your patio looks and he will be inspired. To the PP (sorry, can't remember who it was) that was irritated with the computer cables...I can totally relate! We have a flat panel TV hung on our living room wall. Dh did really well and ran the electrical cords and such inside the wall, so I can't complain about that. However, the cord for the power strip is hanging out at the bottom and running along the baseboard to the outlet!!!! I HATE it. I currently have a wicker toy basket in front of the outlet, but that's not a permanent solution. It's odd to explain but I can't really see any way of fixing it other than buying a larger piece of furniture to place under the TV that will hide the whole thing. Anyway, just wanted you to know I feel your pain.
ShelbyAnnie 5/7/02Meg 3/7/04Lily 2/20/07
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: AnnieMegLilyBean
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.531
Shelby, I was thinking a scroll metal piece too, but
A. I'm putting on in the living room (doesn't mean I can't put one in the dining room too)
B. I was afraid that it would get lost in the chandelier.
The windows are getting plantation shutters. Once those are done then I'll decide if I need to add curtains or not.
Oh, and I actually do have scrapbook paper for the hutch, I just need to get some of the command adhesive to stick it up there! LOL.
I like the tassle idea and table runner. Eventually I'd love to "set" the table, but with 4 little rugrats beautiful precious adorable perfectly well behaved children, it'll have to wait.
Mel ~ mom to 3 girls and 1 boy



·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: fuzzylolipop
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.532
Nicole,
Yes, the room is odd shaped, squared with the corner cut off just like you said.
The dimentions are
Window wall 13.5 feet
Back wall with photos propped up 9.3 feet
Angled wall with door to kitchen 6.5
wall with hutch 8 feet
the opening to the foryer is pretty large.
The table is 86 inches with a 16 inch leaf in it, so I can make it 70inches. I tried it both ways and it was still a disaster.
What I really want is the round Hooker table that matches my hutch and then the problem would be solved, but my $$$ isn't in bloom at the moment. Plus, DH forked out too much for the table we have (pottery barn) so he's not too thrilled with the idea of getting rid of it since there's "nothing wrong with it" (other than it doesn't FIT in the dining room) ugh!
LOVE the idea of the transferware! now I just have to decide which color!
Here are the pics. This is standing in the doorway from the kitchen. Doesn't look to shabby from that angle.
And from the foryer entryway. blech
Here I'm standing in front of the window. The hutch fits nicely in the little nook (my wine fridge is sitting on floor next to it until we build out the wine storage in the basement.
Mel ~ mom to 3
Edited 3/12/08 by Shoe**Connoisseur
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Shoe**Connoisseur
· From: fuzzylolipop
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.533
Mel - honestly what I would do - since I know you SEW - is to remove the large dining table altogether and replace with a 60" decorator round and sew a tablecloth with nice trim. That will still seat 6-8 ppl - you might want to put the two arm chairs in the corners of the room for day to day. This will give you an inexpensive fix until you get the table you want. And if you CL the PB table you will have plenty of cash to fund this fix. And you could whip up a "mistreatment" to go with the tablecloth - viola! Just an idea! And you can always use a 60" round later for holidays and parties somewhere else when you get the dining table you want so it will not be a wasteful purchase. HTH!


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.534
Nicole, now that you said to get rid of the table DH might be on board with the idea. B/c you know, I'm just his wife and don't know what I'm talking about but you are a professional!
Men
that is a very good idea about the round with the table cloth.
And you know, if you know anyone that needs a dining room table.....
Mel ~ mom to 3
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: WigglesandGumballs
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.535
LOVE the round table idea. I once saw a magazine layout of a celebrity's house (I want to say Dixie Carter or Delta Burke). She had an ENORMOUS dining room and could never find the right table and did a lot of entertaining. So she had her handyman literally bulid her a huge sawhorse table and had a thick cloth made in silks and velvets with great trim and everyone assumed there was some massive mahoghany table. Since the table is your "issue," the round would be the perfect solution!
AWiggles, 10-01Gumballs, 1-04

· Date: 3/12/08
· To: MightyPixie
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.536
The color is Barrell by Valspar (painted in Satin). I bought it at Lowe's. I have two coats on there. With one coat it was alot lighter but I think it looks better with two.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: lyons3369
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.537
If anyone is in New England, the Christmas Tree Shop has some great glass jars. They also have those glass oil pourers (like for dish detergent) for $1. Beth

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.538
Webmom-That looks awesome!!! Such a cool hangout spot for summer nights. We have the same swingset! I think I have to restain mine this summer since it's getting a little thin by the rockwall.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: fuzzylolipop
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.539
One more question and I'll quit pestering you.
This is the actual table that I want. It's a 48 round with a 20inch leaf. Do you think 48 is too small?

Mel ~ mom to 3
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: jjjmomof3
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.540
I did the uplighting in the kitchen last night!! I Love it! Thanks so much for suggesting it. I used two rope lights and my husband drilled the hole and I have it set on the timer. I was thrilled. Not sure the kids were all that impressed!! lol


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: May00DS+May04DD
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.541
Mel, I think it depends how many people you want to sit at the table on a regular basis. A 60 inch table should accomodate 8 people comfortably.
You could always take the current table out of the room and measure it out. Put a 60 inch round string on the floor then place your chairs about where they would go if people were sitting on them...
Megan

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Shoe**Connoisseur
· From: fuzzylolipop
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.542
Mel,The real question is what is your tigtest measure constraint? Meaning, if you stand center under your chandelier and extend a measuring tape 30" (creating a 60" round silhouette as you turn) you want to make sure that you've got 30"-36" or so extended from the table for your chairs to fit. The tight spot may be the wall that your china cabinet sits on. Check that out and see what fits best - this may give you your answer. The table you are looking at will seat 4 without the leaf - 6 with it. So if you are trying to use all 8 of your chairs at least 2 of them will be permanently out of commission.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: BabyVino
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.543

webmom... your back yard looks amazing!! I couldn't believe the transformation!! I wish I could do something like that. Very impressed!





·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Kate'sCrew
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.544
Where would you get a 60" round decorator table? I am looking for one.

Kate
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: ~*GoodThingIn3s*~
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.545
What an awesome thread! I have to say I've been stalking it all week and am LOVING the ideas!! DH on the other hand is ready to cancel our internet because he's tired of 'I think we need to buy....' and 'So and so had this really awesome....' Oh well!
We used to have a really nicely decorated house, but it was a 100 year old house with loads of character and everything we had (furniture and all) was bought to reflect the personality of that house. Then we moved. Now e verything looks terrible and I just can't afford to replace ALL of it right now LoL So that means no pictures LoL
My very small contribution is that instead of an oil bottle I used an old cobalt blue liqour bottle (I think it was a vodka bottle) with a liqour spout on the top and it works awesome for dish soap, it pours a LITTLE slow, but not brutal AND I've found I never needed as much as I poured before so my soap lasts forever. It's not a fancy thing, but once the labels were washed off it looked really pretty (Plus I collect cobalt glass in my kitchen so it matches)
Just a BARGAIN type thought ;)
Thanks for all the great ideas!!
Jenn
DD 02/20/05
DD 09/15/06
EDD 08/03/08




·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Shoe**Connoisseur
· From: Hot Potato
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.546
Mel,
I have drooled over that Hooker set for 3 years now. It is very similar to the table that Macy's has. My SIL has the round table set and it is beautiful. She gets so many compliments on it. I *think* it would go beautifully with your Hooker hutch. Hard to say without seeing both photos side by side. It's hard to see, but the table top and chairs have a beautiful handpainted design on them. I'm sure it's more affordable than the Hooker table. Just throwing it out there as an option.
Of course, the decorator table idea is a no brainer if you have your heart set on purchasing the Hooker table later on. And since you already have the chairs, you wouldn't be out a ton of money. I'm sure your existing table would sell fast on craigslist.
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=252246&CategoryID=35566&LinkType=SiteAd&LinkLoc=29391&AdID=42801
Good Luck,
Melissa
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Jenni-O
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.547

Here ya' go, Jennifer....
(I still need an Easter centerpiece!)



·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Jenni-O
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.548
Those are SO SO cute!!!!Did they have lots of colors? My china is beautiful but very 80's. the pink would look perfect...

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews
Edited 3/12/08 by *~The H2O Below~*
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: *~The H2O Below~*
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.549

I'm assuming you intended to send that question to me (SuzanneTX) instead of Jenni-O??
The Easter plates come in a set of 4 for $10. Each box contains 1 pink, 1 blue, 1 green, and 1 yellow plate. You can't get all of one color in a single box.




·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.550
Ack yes, and the list is too full to reply to you specifically!!!!Do you think it would be okay with this?

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.551

It's hard to tell from that pic. However, you can always return them if they don't match your china when you get them home. Or, you could pick up some cheap solid white plates to go with them!



·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Charlieplusone
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.552
I haven't been able to make it through this entire thread yet (pretending to work right now) but I wanted to say that I love all the great ideas!If there's a decorating board, I want an invite. Pretty please with colored sugar on top!
http://rubylithing.blogspot.com/ (Under construction in a big way!)
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.553
Lol! I was breaking my rule of no more stuff by even considering the little plates. bringing another set of dishes would be crazy. The dishes I posted were my moms china that was under glass and never used and it's now my everyday stuff. (I know she wouldn't really care.)

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.554
LOL! I know how you feel. I think I have 5 sets of dishes including one that has only been used ONCE (formal china), one that has NEVER been used (formal table decoration when not in use), and two other sets that are only seldomly used. My DH thinks I'm crazy! Sadly, he's probably right.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: webmom30
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.555
Thanks for all the compliments on my patio. I was just so surprised at how little effort changed the whole backyard. The sectional was not on clearance, but the price was a steal. We're in CA, so it's been nice and hot lately. In the 80's actually, and with daylight savings time, we have been using the patio every night!


· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: jessandkiddo
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.556
I am loving this thread. I wanted to post a few pics of my own!
The first is a pic of an old window that I found on my grandmas farm. I cleaned it up and blew up pics of my family and put it in the windows. I put scrapbook paper behind the pics. The glass has a design on it so it is a little hard to see.

This Picture is of two black metal placemats that I found at peir one imports. I thought they would look good hanging on my wall next to my fireplace! This is a pic of my fireplace mantel. I used teal colored jars that I found at ikea and yard sales. The plate is from targets dollar spot! The glass is teal but it is showing more green in the pic for some reason This is my fav. chair that I just got from target. the lamp was only $20.00 during x-mas time and I got the shadow boxes at Michaels! This is in the other corner of my living room. I found all these things on clearance at Target. A pic of a little table in my hallway. This is in my kitchen. I found all htese items at walmart on clearance. The candle holders I got last week for $4.00 for the pair!! This is what I use to put my mail in! I found these metal organizers at Family Dollar! Sorry the pics are so big!

Message 159167.557 was deleted


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Coffee&Chocolate
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.558
Jessica, I love you placemats turned wall art! I also loved that you picked the turquoise/aqua color to make the living room POP. That is my decorating tip to people. Mine is red, and have red pieces and throw pillows in the main room...LOVE IT. (Can't believe you got that plate at the dollar spot, either)
C&C
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: bijouli
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.559
Webmom30 - I LOVE your backyard transformation. I have to say when I first saw it, I thought it looked like my neighborhood and was going to ask if you're in CA. I'm in SoCal too. I did the same thing with the curtains and I painted the underside of the patio roof white to match the house trim. I can't tell you what a difference that made!! I found some sheers at Big Lots for $2 or $3 dollars that were perfect bc they're polyester and can withstand the dirt and tons of washing. I used copper pipe and large cup hooks to hang them on. The copper looks neat now that it's tarnished. Talk about a cheap fix that looks amazing! I wish I had pics but I usually post from work.
I'm loving this thread with all the ideas!!
Julianne

Olivia (2/13/01)Isabella (4/13/06)

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: jana616
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.560
I am So loving all of the ideas and inspiration I am getting from this thread. We moved into our brand-new, just built house 15 months ago, and I still have not decorated at all. This is the motivation I need to get started!!
ari&elimom-I love the picture frame you have (it looks like it's maybe in a hallway next to your living room). It's the one that has tons of small pics in it, with squares in each corner. Where did you get it?
justinsmommy-I love all of the little touches you've done. I am so stealing the fruit stand idea for my bathtub, as well as the big canisters of rainbow pasta. Do you know where you got the fruit stand and canisters?

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: click here
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.561
Can someone help me find something to do with this piece?


It's from my parents door, at the house where I grew up. It's about 24"x36"ish. I was thinking maybe some sort of table, but that seems a little 'off' and somewhat boring. It's a piece that means a lot to me, with all of the history and all. They replaced their door a few years back and I've had this shoved underneath my couch.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.562
I think that would look great on the wall, centered over a large piece of furniture.

Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: SuzanneTX
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.563
Suzanne-I LOVE LOVE LOVE those bunny plates!!! I scoured my Big Lots from top to bottom to no avail....I'm so bummed!! I had pretty much already convinced myself that I couldn't live without them and your picture confirmed that. I'm definitely going to have to be on the hunt for those. Thanks so much for posting the pictures for me!!!

JenniferDS-5 yrs.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Coffee&Chocolate
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.564
Click Here, do you have an empty space above your front door? Or you could hang it over any door....
C&C

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Luvmyguys01
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.565
Wow it is soo hard to catch up with this thread. It has been open all weekend and each time I get to the end I have a crying 4 month old or my 4 year old is dying for attention
Love the nesting blog, I am not much of a sewer so I will start there.
Thank you for the Uppercase Living info, Amanda I think you will hear from me soon
I love the idea for organizing little girls ribbons. I just have to wait for her to get hair!
I love the idea for bamboo curtains behind bookshelves!
Shutter Idea: We moved into a fixer a few years back. We hated the plastic decorator shutters on our windows so we took them down and made our own. They look like batten shutters and we used a jig to cut out a large palm tree and painted the inside of the palm trees an accent color. They look so good, now we are called the palm tree house.
Also, as seen on HGTV dream home, we put up starfish and some shells between our picture wall. Just used 3M sticky stuff, or hot glue would work.
Amy


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: saltypretzels
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.566
For those of you like me who are trying to replicate Wiggles and Gumballs stairway of pictures, I found this on pottery barn's website, to help figure out the layout.....
http://www.potterybarn.com/gift/thm/thmhtd/index.cfm
HTH

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: WigglesandGumballs
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.567
Webmom - I LOVE the patio. I have printed it for inspiration - I want something similar someday!Here's a new project I came up with this week:When I have something I want framed but don't want to pay for custom work (especially something with multiple cuts), I buy a ready made frame with mats, and a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper. I cover the mat with the scrapbooking paper and just use a bone folder to make nice crisp lines. Super easy, and super cheap!
AWiggles, 10-01Gumballs, 1-04
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Cupcake^Ninja
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.568
Wow! I can't believe I read every single post - Whew! Awesome ideas, ladies!

Homeschooln' mama to 3 boys.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: bristlingacres
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.569
Wiggles- Do you have a photo of your new matting project? I'm not picturing what you're talking about but it sounds really neat.
I just saw on the nesting blog a post about painting barn stars. I think that's a cool idea (and I have a couple of them that could do with a change of color!). I'm wondering if you need to put on a sealant after the paint has dried. Does anyone know?
Astrid

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: jessandkiddo
· From: 3airforcebrats
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.570
I love that tealish color of blue that you use to accent with, it is one of my all time favorite colors. What a cute style you have!

Proud Air Force wife and mom to 3 Air Force brats!

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Nellana
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.571
to paint the metal grates for heating etc do i use a spray on metal paint or brush on. I have floor grates in my kitchen that are black and I want to make them blue to go with the rest of the kitchen.
thanks
Nellana
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: lovmykiddies
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.572
OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this thread!!!! I am going to steal sooooo many ideas from all of you!!!
The only real tip I have for all of you is....GOODWILL!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how many cool things I find there...most of the time they only need a little bit of love!
Keep the ideas and PICTURES coming!!!!!
Tami

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: thecleanqueen
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.573
I think these are so cute! Just thought I would share here!
It's a set of 5 glass door knobs for $39!!

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25438&CatID=48543&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=136a39f&ProdSeq=11&Cat=metal+art&Dep=Home+Accents&PCat=Wall+Art&PCatID=26159&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=13&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=WindowSolutionHOM%252Easpx&RefCatID=26159&RefDeptID=25438&Page=99&CmCatId=254382615948543
CLEAN


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: jana616
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.574

Thanks! The canisters are from TJ Maxx. I got them last year. I always see glass canisters there. The stand is from Tender Heart Treasures and I have had it at least 6 years.


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: click here
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.575
Thanks for the replies on what to do with the glass from my parent's door. I don't have enough room above the door, and re: hanging it, it's VERY heavy....but I might do something like that.

· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: bijouli
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.576
Click here - Do you have a large window that is just glass? You could hang it centered in the window - like a kitchen window maybe? First thing I think of would be table but hanging somewhere would show it off more.
Julianne

Olivia (2/13/01)Isabella (4/13/06)
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: jana616
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.577
Jana-you can find canisters almost identical to those at Old Time Pottery and they are very reasonable.HTH
JenniferDS-5 yrs.
Edited 3/12/08 by Jenni-O

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: click here
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.578

I had thought of just sitting it in the window and letting it work as oneof thise sun catcher thingies.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: thecleanqueen
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.579
Here are some canisters at JcP. They come in different colors!

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=47337&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0f82ebb&ProdSeq=12&Cat=home+accents&Dep=Online+Outlet+Store&PCat=liquidationsale&PCatID=47334&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=27&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=47334&RefDeptID=2652&Page=99&CmCatId=26524733447337
CLEAN


var ad_leaderboard = "http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/bc.";
ad_leaderboard += _bcParentTopic;
ad_leaderboard += ".com/bbs"+_forumId;
ad_leaderboard += ";sz=300x250;tile=3;pos=box;ord=";
ad_leaderboard += ord;
ad_leaderboard += "?";
document.write('');

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: thewritegirl
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.580
Here's a few more inexpensive things I did in dd's room...
Her brother got a bunk bed with a fort underneath, so of course she wanted a fort. She had bunk beds that are staying put (made by a family member), so I just bought a bunch of cheap fabric (an opaque and a sheer), and then stapled them around the inside of the top bunk. I also put little ties so you can pull the "dor" back or leave it closed.
Then, I took some matching fabric (actually used a shade darker) and some ribbon to make a little photo board.
Very inexpensive, and kind of fun and girly.Mary
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: Shoe**Connoisseur
· From: keepin'itsimple
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.581
Mel- I have that table and I would not recommen buying it! (We have it in the oval, 4 leg style) We use it as our everyday table, and although it's beautiful, the finish is not durable. It's paint on top of pressed board (i think) and it chips so easily.
I have taken to filling in the chips with a black sharpy! At first I was very deliberate about taking care of it and making sure noone dropped a knife etc, on it, but I have given up.
We don't use a cover on it, just thick place mats, so if you are planning to cover it then your story may be different than mine.
Sarah

Attachments

Name: IMG_0351.JPG
Size: 285 K
Edited 3/12/08 by keepin'itsimple

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: keepin'itsimple
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.582
Here's a close up of the finish... this is a year ago, i will try to take a pic now- after it has weathered the storm.

oh well, my pics are too big, sorry. It's very chippy though...
Edited 3/12/08 by keepin'itsimple
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: jana616
· From: ari&elimom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.583
The picture is actual a collage from the Kodac deals (game) a couple years ago...so its like a big poster of small pictures. I looked everywhere for the right frame....bought a few at Kohls, Aaron's and had to return them. I finally found this one at Michael's.....it does cover up part of the pictures in the corner a little, but I liked the overall look so I kept it. Thank you.
Would covering up glass windows (like on my entertainment center) be a good thing? That way it would cover all the movies up....not like we need to see 'em all the time. But since I'm not good with that kinda stuff....not sure it would look neat or tacky.



·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: ari&elimom
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.584
Just an idea-you could frost the windows in the entertainment center. They make a paint on frost or a spray frost for applications like that. It would offer a little cover so you couldn't see the movies.Just a thought.
JenniferDS-5 yrs.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: lillytx
· From: KatieP1025
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.585
Where did you get your canister set in your pictures? I love them and they are exactly what I am looking for!I love your curtains, too.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: slonb
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.586

I bought an apotocary jar to fill with lemons the other day, but the scale is just wrong (it's way too big) so I took it back and went hunting for a smaller one. I went to Marshalls and found one that I thought would work, but didn't buy it because I had several other places I planned to go to first. There was a lady in there looking at similar stuff. I left and went to Big Lots (kind of scary), HL and then TJMaxx. The same lady was in TJMaxx looking at glassware. I almost asked her if she was from the BBC Bargain Board, but stopped myself. BTW, if this was anyone reading this, I was the blond in the red trench. Hi! Anyway, I decided I liked the one at Marshalls best and went back for it but it was GONE! WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I was so mad. I knew I should have just bought it and if I found something I liked better I could have taken it back, but that's such a hassel. I had no idea that it would be gone 2 hours later. I'll bet the other lady bought it. Curses!
While I was at HL I bought some canvas stretchers and fabric and I'm going to make artwork to over my bed. When I get it done, I'll post a pic.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: click here
· From: AlwaysLookingUp
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.587
Maybe you could suspend it over a kitchen island, and add hooks to it and use it as a pot rack? Like this:

I think that would look really nice, depending on the decor in your kitchen.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: ~*angelsorce*~
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.588
Bethany
I would start by moving the book shelf piece that is next to the entertainment center to the other side of the fireplace. IMO it is too heavy having both of the big pieces on one side of the fireplace.
Then I would find something else the same height or taller than the clock and put it on the opposite end of the mantle.
In the middle of the mantle I would put a wooden word. I saw Live Laugh Love at Target today for 16.99.
Then between the clock and the wooden word and also between yoru new tall item and the wooden word I would put some little trinkets like the small willow tree angels if you collect them. Just something that isn't too tall that covers up too much of the bottom of your window.
Then I would add some greenery on top of your ent center and your book case.
Then I might even take it one step further and get some wall quotes that are arched like your window and put them around the top of the window. My favorite quote and one that would go good if you bought the Live laugh love wooden word is "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breaths away"
JMO. Hope it helps.

Kristin
Emily 5.13.04
Jacob 3.15.07


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: click here
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.589
Wow, hadn't thought of that idea!!

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: KatieP1025
· From: lillytx
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.590
They are Arthur Court. It is a line of pewter decor that I collect. Here is a link to their site:
http://www.arthurcourt.com/
I love it!

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: ~*angelsorce*~
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.591
Morgan,
Let me start by saying that your fireplace is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!
Second is your tv wall mountable? Here's what I did with my Tv. I have not finished this wall b/c I plan to frame my TV.



I would totally slide your credenzia (ent center) down a few inches towards the entry way. Then I would mount the TV above it. Then I would remove the cover to your intake vent and paint it as close to your wall as possible with spray paint so it doesn't stand out as much.
Then I would do a collage of some sort underneath the register. Or I would place a chair with a floor lamp in your corner and hang a picture/word art/clock or something in the center of the area below the intake vent.

Kristin
Emily 5.13.04
Jacob 3.15.07



·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: jt3ofus
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.592
I bought a large glass vase type thing from AC Moore for my mantle in the TV room. I filled it with the huge bag of marbles my kids have and it looks really neat. I was thinking it would look good as a set of 3 of varying heights-one with the marbles, one with the old style metal jacks (if they even still make those) and one with old scrabble tiles. Good for a rec room.
·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Brandi_mom2_3gr8kdz
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.593
Just had to say I LOVE this thread!!
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm looking forward to checking out the nester blog.


·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: jt3ofus
· From: JustinsMommy1104
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.594

I love your marbles idea. I am totally stealing that for the bookcases in my playroom.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: WigglesandGumballs
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.595
Here are pictures of the matting I did today.Basic frame with mat from Michael's (with the 40% off on frames sale!). The matting was beige and textured - the right sizes, but not my style. I bought a piece of the oversized cardstock from the Martha stuff there and attached it.Here is the front out of the mat: Here's the back - no need for neatness! And here it is in the frame, up on the wall:
AWiggles, 10-01Gumballs, 1-04

· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: bijouli
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.596

That reminds me of another project I did. I found great frames for my older dd's medals but it was the wrong frame and matte color. I took it apart and painted the frame white and painted the matte a color that went with her room (pink and white sponge painting). It looks awesome and only cost me a few dollars to do both of them. I used regular acrylic paint that I already had.
Julianne

Olivia (2/13/01)Isabella (4/13/06)

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: WigglesandGumballs
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.597
It costs me under $20 total for a frame that's 16x16!
AWiggles, 10-01Gumballs, 1-04

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.598

That is cute Wiggles!
I searched TJ Maxx for a decanter today and only left with one of the $15 dresses with attached doll dress and a $4 tea set for dd.

Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: Zackster1
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.599

Just wanted to let everyone know that the fake fruit is on sale at Hobby Lobby for half off. I got the lemons! I also went to Big Lots and got the apothocary jars. They are much smaller than what I thought they would be. They were marked $12, not $20 like everyone else said they were. I also got a couple cute black and white photos of trees. I've seen the same stuff at Target for triple the price. They were only $7 a piece.
Elisa
DD Anastasia
DS Zachary

·
· Date: 3/12/08
· To: All
· From: shoewife
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.600
Here is my table runner valance. I started another thread showing it but it got buried 10 pages down in like 2 minutes! :) Just thought I would share it again. Thanks so much for the idea!! I SO love those rings and clips. I got the runner(s) from the Pampered Chef outlet for $5.50 a piece and they just happen to match my wall color PERFECTLY!
Michelle

No comments:

Blog Archive