Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CC charge 3 weeks later (part 2)

Maybe the Witness Protection Program will be an option after it is all straightened out.

  • Reply to this Message
  • boyandgirlmakes2
LOL! Your description was a little more vivid than implying that they might be shady.
  • Reply to this Message
  • ReggeeD

Yes.

That is my final answer.

Lisa
  • Reply to this Message
  • eBay_Mom
Funny. Make next time I'll just take my gun with me to the store.
  • Reply to this Message
  • mommie2alizabeth

OP, sorry you're having a problem.

For the record, there are some places and situations that I hesitate to use credit/debit for. Like OP is thinking, sometimes you just never know. For example, I try not to use plastic at our local Sonic, cause they're a bunch of morons and I don't want anything screwed up. And I am a plastic girl. Lol!

Mary

Done breastfeeding, with a relapse here and there!

  • Reply to this Message
  • Momma2Cameron
As a PP said, I'm not sure why the person would get upset if you would have just given the things back and said "no thanks." He obviously thought he was being nice in some twisted way by just giving you some free things. A similar thing happened to me in college at one of the snack bars. The cashier told me I could just take the bottle of water and bagel for free. I said no thanks, I'd rather pay for it. I don't understand the hesitation in giving the things back? And as another PP said, if you're that paranoid and fearful of the gang bangers, why use credit/debit there?
Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

Myspace Graphics & Myspace Icons

  • Reply to this Message
  • ReggeeD

"Funny. Make next time I'll just take my gun with me to the store."

??

Lisa
  • Reply to this Message
  • boyandgirlmakes2

Well, if you have a gun you are all set. Safe from the strung out manager and tattooed cashier.

However, I would never go back to that evil store again, just to save yourself from the gang bangers.

  • Reply to this Message
  • Panda123
The black, tattooed, felonious gang bangers. laugh

that look like they party all day and night.

and somehow hold down jobs while giving away free goods so they can weed out who they need to hunt down.
  • Reply to this Message
  • boyandgirlmakes2

*snort*

okay now I cracking up.

HArd working felons.


Edited Aug-31 by boyandgirlmakes2
  • Reply to this Message
  • travelfamily
So cashier dude sticks some extra stuff in your bag for whatever reason. You really think he's going to go after you for saying...no I don't want to steal? GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. I would have grabbed the stuff out of the bag...plopped it on the counter and left. If you call to complain about the charges are you going to get a "safe room" built into your house? Cause you know....tat cashier dude will be ticked if he gets caught.
  • Reply to this Message
  • megan&munches
O.M.G. Mary!!!! A girl at the H. Sonic once slipped my debit card into her apron (I watched her) and then told me over and over that she already gave it back!!!!shockedshockedconfusedconfusedcrycry That place has the most worthless employees!!!

Photobucket

  • Reply to this Message
Click here to find out more!
  • mommie2alizabeth

Did she give it back!?! Not that you'd let her walk away with it. What did she say? I went last week, pushed the button, waited 5 minutes, ordered my very simple drink, waited 10 more minutes, and drove off. And it was NOT busy. Thank goodness I didn't use my card in the machine thingy. So the other day I tried the drive through, thinking it would be better. Nope. Gah!

(sorry to hijack)

Mary

Done breastfeeding, with a relapse here and there!

  • Reply to this Message
  • mandafur

OMG, this is one of the funniest threads I ever read. I have tears in my eyes and nearly peed myself.

I think I understand the real issue here though. OP got some free stuff first time she went. Then she went again, and thoght she would get more free stuff, but alas they actaully charged her CC for it.

*edited for spelling


Edited Sep-1 by mandafur
  • Reply to this Message
  • boyandgirlmakes2

Mandafur!

A new twist, I was so busy thinking how ridiculous the whole scenario was and never saw the forest through the trees.

Brillant observation!

  • Reply to this Message
  • mariehas4blessings
I'm still not sure I'm understanding the whole story here. I think I need more coffee to "get it". However, if the place is so shady, scary, etc., why shop there? Is there no where else to go in town to shop?
  • Reply to this Message
  • boyandgirlmakes2
I hope the evil gang bangers did not track her down.
  • Reply to this Message
  • SarahC24
I think Mandafur got it right. Thats why she doesn't have the receipt, they didn't charge her than and there. And now she doesn't know if she was overcharged for things she really didn't mean to pay for. How do you explain that to management or your credit card company. So she was hoping we would say that you couldn't charge after the fact.

Sarah

Mom to Shannon and Ethan


Let's not mention the fact that if I had taken the stuff back in to the store, the cashier could have said I stole it and it would have been a he said/she said mess.

wal-mart didn't charge me for a filing cabinet once. i didn't realize it until i came home (my bill was a couple of hundred dollars anyway - $40 wasn't a big deal), and my husband asked how much it cost. so dudley do-right brought it back to the store and paid for it. they gave him 20% off. no one accused him of stealing it. i don't know if wal-mart still does this or not, but at the time they had people checking receipts at the door before you could leave. the checker guy didn't even catch it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • my2lilbugs23

Hi Kim!

What ever happened to your host name? Did it get messed up when you went to the new board? Just wanted to say hello since I never see you post anymore.

Heather

Mom to-

Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • Zippitydoodah
I was also wondering if this is our board host? The whole thing is bizarre and makes no sense! Maybe the store charged her for the things she stole and they are hoping she will call them and come in and they can call the po-po on her! Why wouldn't a store be allowed to charge you 3 weeks later for items you PURCHASED? If said store is SOOO shady and dangerous, wth are you doing shopping there and probably taking your kids there? Something smells like doodie here!

It's hard to stand on shifting sand...I am saved, from this moment on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • my2lilbugs23
Yes, it is our board host. Something happened to her host name when the new board opened.

Heather

Mom to-

Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • April_July

What?! Is this really Kim? Weird!

Anyway...I think what people are asking is not why you didn't go BACK to the store after he stuck the extras in there and THEN had your cc #. The question is, if you knew he was putting the extras in when you were checking out, why did you go ahead and continue the transaction and let him get your cc info in the first place?

And now the new question is...WTH did you go there twice to shop if the place is so freaky? Are the bargains really that good?

  • Reply to this Message
  • MommoCheeks&Rylie
I don't get it. Besides the whole being afraid the guy is going to look you up in the phone book (which is beyond bizarre IMO). If you made the guy mad how the heck would he charge anything to your cc out of retaliation? Just because you used your card at that store before doesn't mean he has access to the number. I am a store manager at a place that accepts credit cards. All of our records have the last few numbers in xxxxxx. I handle all of those transactions at the end of the day and I couldn't even get the real numbers if I wanted to. So unless the guy has a photographic memory I don't see how he could use your card for anything if you complained to the store. I also just don't understand why he gave you free things in the first place. Most of this just doesn't make any sense to me.
BekahLilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Edited Sep-1 by MommoCheeks&Rylie
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5FamilyPlusKitty
Why don't you just call the popo?
  • Reply to this Message
  • MommyBrasco
O.M.G. Mary!!!! A girl at the H. Sonic once slipped my debit card into her apron (I watched her) and then told me over and over that she already gave it back!!!!shockedshockedconfusedconfusedcrycry
But was she black, tattooed, looked like she'd been up all night and day partying, and like she may have been a felon? THEN I would have been FREAKED OUT! shocked

I'm going to make my siggy HUGE and distracting now. GO, OBAMA!!! After all, the siggy is what it's all about, not the content of the post. Therefore, it should be more prominent.

*S*


  • Reply to this Message
  • Bee*Sauce
Maybe I'm just really confused (and I'll admit that I skimmed through a few posts because they made my head hurt,) but have you asked them if you could get a copy of your receipt? I know a lot of the local places around here will keep copies. You don't have to tell them the real reason you want it. Just say you need it for book keeping.

If you can't get a copy then I would just chalk it up as a lesson learned and pay the bill. Not much else you can do. If you're nervous then cancel your cards and get new ones.


Photobucket





  • Reply to this Message
  • momto1princess

I don't get the story .... even with the explanations.

If I go to the store and the cashier starts putting stuff in my bag that isn't mine, I just say "oh no, those aren't mine, thanks" regardless of what the cashier looks like. The alternative I think would have been to take out the unpaid items and leave them and go home. I am not sure why the cashier would want to retaliate against that.


All I can say is that if I ever start a band, it will be called Felonious Gang Bangers.



  • Reply to this Message
  • Lazy_Saturday
This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. So you were afraid to tell him no thanks because he's a tatted black man? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Giving his physical appearance isn't racist or relevant but whatever, but judging him as a gang banger because of it is. The economy must be bad when the GBs have to take a min wage job at the local Big Lots knockoff shocked
  • Reply to this Message
  • KPsweetpea
I am not sure why the cashier would want to retaliate against that.

Did you even read her post explaining that the cashier was a tattooed black gang-banger felon? If so then it should be obvious that he would retaliate simply because he is a tattooed black gang-banger felon who has been waiting for any opportunity, no matter how small, to commit a crime. He is after all a tattooed black gang-banger felon. silly

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
  • Reply to this Message
  • momto1princess
I am not sure why the cashier would want to retaliate against that.

Did you even read her post explaining that the cashier was a tattooed black gang-banger felon? If so then it should be obvious that he would retaliate simply because he is a tattooed black gang-banger felon who has been waiting for any opportunity, no matter how small, to commit a crime. He is after all a tattooed black gang-banger felon. silly
Oh right. Silly me. Perhaps this is a new type of gang that takes low paying cashier jobs in stores so they can give away free items and then have a reason to retaliate when the customer complains? This gives them an excuse in court :
tattooed black gang-banger felon: "well, judge, she disrepected me bc I gave her free stuff and she told on me"
judge: "of course I see you had a good reason to go rob and vandalize their house. How terrible of her. Case dismissed. Next!"

No comments:

Blog Archive