Thursday, September 25, 2008

Share Your Cool Decor Touches Part 3

· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.401
Girls, I'm sure that garland is 5'! I bet the 14.5 is the diameter when coiled up. A 14.5" garland isn't a garland, it's a ... stick.
Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: mommadukes416
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.402
MeSweetie83--Heres what I would do:Paint the intake the same color as the walls.Mount the TV to the wall- Im not sure if you want to leave it where it is or center it on that wall- depends on your viewing angle and how it would look overall in the room.If it was mounted the arm holding it sticks out enough to get to the thermostat. Our tv in our bedroom is mounted to a swing arm and I can pull the tv out and push it back in a second without a problem. Then get 2 bookshelves for both sides of the tv and a media stand in the middle (under the tv) You could even put a dresser or cabinet for the toys. On top of the bookshelves put a plant to draw your eye up to add height and disguise the intake vent more.See here: Media centerOr...Get a tv hutch in black or creme like this for $399 on JCpenney.com Then I would add a puffy plant ontop to add height to the top left corner of your room. You could also do a picture wall around the armoire.HTH
KRYSTLEmadre to three5,3 and 6mos.


·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.403
I'm slowly remodeling and decorating this house since we moved here a year ago, and this thread makes me want everything done NOW, lol! Here are some things that I've done so far in my 80's Need Improvement house...
I love antique books as decoration, especially since I love reading anyway. But I have a love affair with really old books found at estate sales, flea markets, etc. Some of my favorites are in the 1800's! *Books stacked under the globe on my mantle (I can't wait to change this fireplace that goes from the floor to ceiling ...)

*Books stacked on my television armoire... the wicker tray on the shelf underneath holds all the remotes and paperwork for the electronics. (I put felt squares underneath it to keep it from scratching the wood.)

*Books in my end table and stacked under a lantern...the large red book under the lantern is a Farmer's Business Record from 1897. (It is hand-written in; peaches were 2 cent, hired labor was paid $2.50 a week!) I love old things!

Just thought I'd share since I'm getting so many great ideas here. Thanks to all of you! I love the idea of a Decorating Diva board!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: mommy-2-Brayden
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.404

SebBenLuc: What colors are your walls and what does the writing above the pictures say?
Cindy C.


·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: 1Dawn
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.405
Could you post a picture of your drapes that we get a sneak peek of in your living/family room? I am pretty sure that we have the exact furniture and I am looking for drapes for our family room and those look great!!!TIA
JenniferDS-5 yrs.
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: mom2alandj
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.406
You all are dangerous! I got my curtains up today (I am done waiting on dh, I can wield a drill, too, y'know!) Plus, i just got back from a small shopping trip to Homegoods where I got an Apothecary jar which now sits in the middle of my dining room table filled with fruit, 2 pictures for my bathroom, (that I hung already), and a ton more ideas that I may just have to go take care of tomorrow!I really want to paint my dining room/living room but dh says we have to paint the ceiling first and i know I can't do that and watch the baby. I was hoping to just clear off one wall at a time :( Keep up the good tips!

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: CognizantAmiga
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.407
For anyone interested right now from Joanns....




Hope it helps someone!
These ideas are fabulous. I am storing up ideas for when we settle on where we will live. However, I am thinking I must do SOMETHING to my little bathroom, just have to decide what!
I can't think of anything original that I have done to share. If I think of something I will post later.
AshleyHayden 2/5/04 Raina Jo 6/9/06
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.408
More pictures if you don't mind... I like decorating with old things, pottery, and things that have meaning to me and my family as you will see in my pics.
* I just found a great bowl at a pottery place, added some realistic pears, and then placed a grapevine swag around it, bending it around the bowl. This is on my dining room table.

* On this pie safe, I found this great urn at a pottery place, and picked up the other pieces on sale at a Cato's store. (Yes, Cato, the clothing store!) The clear vase was a wedding present, and the stems/ flowers were dried from an arrangement my dh gave to me. I bought the picture frame at a Family Dollar store (cheap!). I have all white in the pie safe window you see except for the grape and pear platter. To add more interest and color, when you look closer, you'll see dried flowers lying on the shelf around the items. These are all dried flowers from arrangements given to me, which are special since I don't get that many!

* This is a corner of my tiny kitchen. If you look on the cookbook holder, you'll see a small square ceramic piece. We keep our keys and cell phones here. My Dad made the cookbook holder, the clock, and the spice wall shelf with a glass door that I love! I found a decorative metal hanging basket, threw in a strand of grape greenery, pears, and fake grapes, and it helped fill in the corner a bit more.
How do you post pics here from PB that are big enough to see, but not so big that I have to resize them with the handles on the outside of a pic? I can't seem to get them uniform...sorry!
I love looking at other people's homes and getting great ideas from them. Keep posting pics, lol!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: mommy-2-Brayden
· From: SebBenLuc
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.409
Cindy,Umm... color of our walls... hmm... it's a custom color... I'd describe it as a sandy, beige color. We rent and they had this color designed for all of their rentals b/c it's "classy" and better than "plain old white". I really, really love the color but I think since the whole house is this color... sooner or later, I'm going to get tired of it. We can paint but the only room I see changing is maybe the kids' playroom. The words on the wall are our name in gold and "Be true to who you are and the family name you bear." in burgandy through it. LOVE IT! Hubby is a printer and does vinyl and did it for me. This is the other side of the room... and the second pic is of the kids' playroom and gives a better idea of the color. Renee


·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: WishOnAStar
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.410

Here is something I did in DD's room. They are metal boards from IKEA covered in fabric (I modge podged the fabrick on). We use one for a memo board. The other one I added rick rack and hot glued it to the board and use it for Alyssa's hair things.
Sorry that the pictures are so crummy - I used my phone.


Megan and Alyssa 11-16-02





Message 159167.411 was deleted

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: IWuvMyPeanuts
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.412
I'm mostly a lurker here but I'm so bummed about the new board because all these great ideas will be on groups I won't know about or be invited to.
Anywho, here are my lame contributions.
This one isn't the best, but I loved the saying so I got it. Maybe someday I'll redo it and make it cuter.

And this one I just cut with my Cricut. I know it's crooked but I'm washing walls for spring cleaning and will get it straight then :)


Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.- Lin Yutang


·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.413
Last ideas for now, I promise!
*Fill jars, bottles, etc. with mixed bean soup (dry mix); it's really pretty! I also added an old cast iron to the grouping, and a metal tray. This is above my cabinets. On my wall, I was also thinking about filling a black framed shadow box with the beans. What do you think?


*A round hat box had the right colors, so I threw it on top of my cabinets as well. (It hides things inside, too!) I paired it with an old silver teapot that I really need to shine up!


This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: IWuvMyPeanuts
· From: Shoe**Connoisseur
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.414

Love your sign, I'm stealing it!
As for the new boards, the group I started is called Decorating Diva's. I'll be posting an invite on the new Bargain Board too so everyone can find it. No invite needed though b/c it's public.
Mel ~ mom to 3 girls and 1 boy




·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: WishOnAStar
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.415
Cute! How big are the memo boards?
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters

· Date: 3/10/08
· To: IWuvMyPeanuts
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.416
I love those sayings! How did you make the second one on your Cricut and then get it on the wall? Do tell! I love it! Thanks!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: Help Me Rana
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.417
Dawn,love your old books too, where did you get your end table? LOVE it!thanks.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: Help Me Rana
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.418
Thanks! It's the curio end table in the "Concord Grapes" series at Ashley Furniture. link After clicking the link, click on "click here for related products", and it's the first thing listed. It also has a light in it. At Christmas, I put a nice nativity scene there that the girls can't break!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: IWuvMyPeanuts
· From: 2girls1boy=done
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.419
Cute sign. I have a similar one in my kitchen. It saysThis house in not under constructionKids just live here
CarolynJulia 7/02Olivia 2/05
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: LostInTN
· From: Lemony
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.420
Personally, I'd go with a dark red up the staircase and into that hallway, but I'm bold that way. A darker shade of the other colour would be nice, too.Although that living room colour is great, I think it will look more visually appealing to have two colours. It will lead your eye to other parts of the house.JMS, though!
Lemony
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: aamberwaves5
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.421
I have Live well, laugh often, love much in my kitchen. I got it on ebay

Sara



·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: IWuvMyPeanuts
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.422
Haha cute. I was going to make one that said "The house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it"
Wall quotes- I used Wall Pops from Lowes but contact paper is cheaper and works as well. I used Sure Cuts a Lot to use the Curlz font and cut the vinyl.
I have canvases of the kids from Olan Mills and I'm putting "all because two people fell in love" with the "love" about 5 inches and in a really pretty cursive font and the rest maybe 2 inches high and a different font.
I also made a bow board using a 12x12 artist canvas and mod podged a piece of scrapbook paper over it. I painted the edges to match one color int he paper. I put one horizonal ribbon and 6 vertical ribbons on it to hold her bows. I'd take a pic but it just looks like a big bunch of bows and you can't see the board at all LOL Oh I hot glued the ribbon.
Right now I'm more into creative organizing since we're stuck in a house two sizes too small but I might take a break to decorate.

Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.- Lin Yutang

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: Lemony
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.423
I like those sticky wall words but every single wall in my house is textured, so I don't think I can use them. I want a sign in my bathroom that says: Patrons are requested to remain seated throughout the entire performance.My potty-training kid needs it.
Lemony

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: Jenni-O
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.424
I just saw your post! I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow for you. They are a tan suede. Look for a pic Tuesday. It's past 1 am here now, and I really need to go to bed so I can function tomorrow, lol!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: webmom30
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.425
okay, I'm back with nicer pictures. Here is the infamous PB shelf:


Here is a better pic of the fireplace that we rebuilt. It used to be a 60's lava rock fireplace.


The fireplace screen was from Target, clearanced last summer, as well as the tools. The two wire baskets hold pinecones and sometimes fake flowers. The leather mirror is from LNT (w/20% off coupon) The mantle was made from scrap walnut.

Edited 3/10/08 by webmom30
Edited 3/10/08 by webmom30
Edited 3/10/08 by webmom30

·
· Date: 3/10/08
· To: All
· From: kitschy
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.426
QUESTION - what do you use for plants/greenery in a place that barely gets any light?
I have a tall space above my entertainment center that needs something, but I've hesitated to get a fake plant.
What is the diva decorator's opinion on fakers??
Shamelessly yours, Kay
I made a lolcat...check it out! click the cheeseburgers - click em!
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: fuzzylolipop
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.427

I'm not a huge fan of fakers. I have decorating clients who request them so I make sure and get very high quality ones that really fool the eye - like www.ndi.com BUT I am still not a fan and the use is pretty specific and not really for unreachable places.My preference? Go with dried items, large pottery, big bulbous baskets, etc to fill large spaces over an armoire. Go natural, go bold, and go simple. Common things I see in high places:- The use of items way high up with a lot of fine detail - which gets lost - go simple and bold - think in terms of texture rather than intricate detailing- Too many small items - a few larger sized pieces (or sometimes even one - like a big basket filled with dried hydrangea blooms) will do the trick- The ubiquitous artificial ivy bush (usually dusty) in a basket - please - just say no and we can help you!!



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Mom2Three415
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.428
Smilies72 - DUH me...LOL
Sorry I forgot the link.
http://www.lakeside.com/home.asp

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: click here
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.429
I'm anit fake plant!!!!!! Also, I agree with Lemony about the dark red on the stairs.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Kate'sCrew
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.430
Thanks for all the ideas! You guys are great!Kate
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: mum23loves
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.431
Webmom - your fireplace is just gorgeous, I love the mantle, perfect!!
Dawn1 - love the bean soup idea, that is really neat looking!
2Lilbugs - can you please tell me the paint color in your living room?? I love it!!
LOVE all the ideas, these are fabulous! I have a lot of work today but luckily am working from home so can fit in some little projects, lol.
I got inspired & had DH install new countertops in the kitchen yesterday . Just replacing the formica with prefab pieces from Lowe's, but what a difference it made! And it cost us about $250 (my kitchen isn't too big), so a big bang for the buck (as much as I would love an expensive product in there - and we've priced granite before - my kitchen at this point is not a granite kitchen, kwim? If I'm going granite, quartz or any other product like that, I'm changing my cabinets and the layout - and it would turn into a huge project). DH is a contractor, so this was an easy project for him. He's got a little time over the next couple of weeks until things heat up workwise, so I am going to take full advantage! (plus baby #3 is due to arrive early April - can you say nesting??!! lol)...

mum to two little love bugs - soon to be mom of 3


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: lettied
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.432
I love this post! Thanks for all the good ideas, everyone.
I finally got around to taking pics of my ideas.
The first is a picture of a speaker covered with a wreath. My dh decided to put our wall speakers in prime spots so I had to make due. I thought this was cute b/c it doesn't muffle the speaker but it still kind of hides it. I made the wreath out of an old picture frame.
second is in my dining room. I had an old window frame that I painted white and hung this grapevine wreath from it with some ribbon. I embellished the plain wreath with a little greenery.
For anyone that has a Hobby Lobby, they often have 40% off coupons online that you can print for any regular price item.
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: *My SnuggleBug Jade*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.433
So many awesome ideas!Here's my question...
Does anyone have a dog/puppy? Our puppy is messier than my child. She's constantly pulling out all of her toys and leaving them all over. No biggie, but I'm looking for something cute, creative, cheap, and nice looking to keep her toys in.
Any ideas?Thank you,Rachel

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: 867-5309
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.434
No more advice, but thought I'd share my bizarre pregnancy dream with you guys since it seemed appropriate!
Last night I dreamed I went to Hobby Lobby and when I got there, all the stuff was gone...except for some pink and yellow Peeps! I asked the cashier where all the stuff was to decorate my house and she told me that all the moms from the BH board had already bought everything good and that I would just have to make due with the Peeps! Then I started crying and I believe I called everyone a bunch of "bargain b i tches!"
I woke up and started laughing...most of my dreams over the past few weeks have been sex related, but this time I know it's because I've been stalking this decorating thread and the nesting blog!! LOL
Jennifer
DD 12/02


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: slonb
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.435
Do you think HL, BL, Target, TJMaxx and WM are wondering what's going on with all the apothcary jars and decanters they're selling right now?
I have a strip mall that has a BL, HL, TJMaxx and Target all in one place! Can you believe it? I only made it to HL yesterday (stupid boss, thinking I should work or whatever) but I bought a big glass vase and some of their fake lemons and limes ot fill it. I was going to use all lemons but they didn't have enough, so I mixed in some limes and it's really lovely. They look so real! They were pretty pricey ($3/lemon $2/lime), but they were 50% off. I think I bought 10 of each. They have a tags on them in the store that read "Do not eat. This is not real." It made me laugh. It would have been cheaper to buy real ones though. After I finished my work project, I made it to Target (briefly) and they have rub on (and removable) wall quotes in the home decor section for $17.

· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: knoel998
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.436
Wasn't someone talking about using acorns (and baking them to kill worms)? Well, how about these?
http://www.target.com/Harvest-Filler-Potpourri-Set-Acorn/dp/B000OZKOLQ/qid=1205247866/ref=br_1_6/602-3224396-8461416?ie=UTF8&node=371082011&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=371082011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=1
Kimberly
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: *My SnuggleBug Jade*
· From: DaySleeper
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.437
I have these in my house to collect kid toys, so you could use them for dog toys toohttp://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=71230&PRODID=10019531they have different colors and patterns


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: mum23loves
· From: My2LilBugs
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.438
Thanks, it is a really pretty color it's from Home Depot and is called Harvest Brown. I like it because it's really warm, we had a stone color on before that just didn't work.


Breanna '97 & Calista '03
^i^ Peyton 1/2007 PMP
Lise

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: thecleanqueen
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.439
Any pics of Nester's window mistreatments from anyone on here? I so want some silk window treatments in my great room and dining room. I guess I am curious to see how easy it was and if you really can duplicate what she did.
Thanks!
CLEAN


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: madzmum
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.440
Check your Kohls for deep clearanced apothecary jars from xmas! I just bought 3 different sizes, all filled with either fake pears or fake berries/acorns--they were originally over 30 bucks and I got mine for less than 5 with a coupon... Plus, I gave one to a friend for her birthday and filled it with tennis balls--she loved it!
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: jjjmomof3
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.441
I have a question for the person that had the kitchen uplighting suggestion. Do you use one strand of Christmas lights or do you double up for more light? I told my husband about this idea last night and he thought it was genious!! Plus, he loved the cost! If anyone else has done this and has an actual picture of what it looks like done, I would love to see.
Thanks!
Edited 3/11/08 by jjjmomof3

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: domesticgoddess11
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.442
Here's my painted wall vents. I'm embarrased that my plant stand is still up in my china cabinets.
nancy
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Lesil
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.443

Nate and Zach's mom - Here's a pic of my island sink...if you look closely there is a built-in soap dispenser to the left of the faucet...that's where I keep my hand soap and my dish soap is stored in the cupboard below the sink...you could put dish soap in there though...My paper towels are kept on the counter by the cooktop (it's to the right so you can't see it in the pic). I bought one of these to put on the cabinet door below the sink so a towel would be handyAlso, to you Hobby Lobby fans...on Saturday's they offer two weeks of sales (the current week's sales and also the upcoming week's sales)...gives you twice as many bargains!!


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: Lesil
· From: ~*Blessed*At*Home*~
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.444
YOU! It's you!
It's your kitchen that I fantasize about, LOL. I saw it a while ago on another thread and I just LOVED the layout, but I couldn't recall who it was. Great job on your remodel. (I think it was a remodel?).
Karen
Micah Landon 3.5.05
Asher Nathaniel 1.9.07
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.445
Kindred - how many buttons can one kit make? That is such a cute idea!!!!!

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: ari&elimom
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.446

Is there anything that can be done with a whisky decanter. My husband bought a really pretty (big) lead crystal one while on deployment a while back but its still sitting in the box because we don't drink whisky. It's a little too big to put mouthwash in (I got excited when I remembered it but sad when I took it out the box because of the size). Or should I just save it and give as a gift to some lucky person?



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: 1Dawn
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.447
I love how you decorate with books! And the book cabinet is lovely. I'm going to see what I can find...I have books that are valuable that would be better off out of my everyday shelves.

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: May00DS+May04DD
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.448
The other thing that works for cabinet lighting (under or over) are rope lights.
I put them under ds loft bed - just attached them with zip ties. The bed has tenting around it, so it's a cozy place to play lincoln logs or whatever, and I can still vacuum his room!
Megan
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: ~*Blessed*At*Home*~
· From: Lesil
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.449
Thank you so much!
Actually it was new construction not a remodel, and that room is my favorite in the whole house (good thing since I spend 90% of my time in there!).

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: My2LilBugs
· From: mum23loves
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.450
Thanks! I appeciate it. It is a really pretty color - I like that it's a neutral but like you said a warm color...
mum to two little love bugs - soon to be mom of 3

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: I_AM_SAM
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.451
I did the window mistreatments from the nesting blog. I am sooooooo NOT crafty at all. They look adorable. I am at work right now but will try to post a pic later tonight. I did the mistreatment 101 in my kitchen. There is a walk out bay window.....it has two smaller windows on the side and a door in the middle. I did the two windows on the side.
Sam

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: ramteacher
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.452
For those of you who are looking for lighting for the tops of your cabinets...
We're doing a kitchen remodel right now. Undercabinet lights were a rip off through KraftMaid so DH looked at Lowes and found a strand of 6 undercabinet lights for around $20 I think. They plug into a regular outlet so you could still use your microwave outlets and the ones we got have a dimmer switch so you can control the brighness. I don't see why you couldn't use those on top of your cabinets if you just lay them upside down.
Loving all the ideas. The remodel has left us more than broke so I'm saving all the ideas and will be doing some serious yard sale searching this summer to help me out.
If anyone has any pics or ideas for what to use for decoration on a bathroom countertop I would appreciate it. I have a 6' bathroom countertop with only one sink so I'm left with a lot of empty space. I'm really working on decluttering and making things look less messy so I organized all my stuff into baskets that I can store in the cabinet. When i'm getting ready I just pull out the basket, all my junk is there, and when I'm done back under the counter it goes. Now I'm left with a bare countertop that looks barren. Ideas anyone?
Edited 3/11/08 by ramteacher
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: **Smurfette**
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.453
Anyone able to do the above-cabinet up-lighting who does NOT have a microwave outlet above the stove? I don't want a log extension cord hanging down my kitchen wall, but I really want to do this!
Laurie
Formerly Sassy-n-Bella(Smurfette is an old OLD nickname. Don't ask. Stirrup pants are involved.)


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: JoshuaJacob
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.454
I live in Ne and our local Hobby Lobby doesn't do the 2weeks worth of sales. The new ad starts Mon. and the old ad ends Sat.
Jennifer
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: **Smurfette**
· From: May00DS+May04DD
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.455
How about a cord cover painted to match the wall?
http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer/products/tv_cord_center.asp

· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.456
I am hating that I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me!
I do have a Big Lots, but it is sooo ghetto, I hate going there!

Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: May00DS+May04DD
· From: **Smurfette**
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.457
That is a good idea! I could run it down the side of the cupboard and it shouldn't be too visible, better than a dangly cord...thanks!
Laurie
Formerly Sassy-n-Bella(Smurfette is an old OLD nickname. Don't ask. Stirrup pants are involved.)


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: ramteacher
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.458
This would be a lot more complicated but you could plug an extension cord into an outlet that is already under your cabinets that you don't use much and/or that is out of the way and then run it up through the cabinets. You'd have to drill small holes in the top and bottom of your cabinets and the shelves in order to get it up there but then you wouldn't have the wiremold to look at.
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Nate&ZachsMom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.459
Thanks, Lesil, your kitchen is beautiful! I'll have to look for a small towel rack. I thought I might put the paper towels over on the other counter, but I don't want drippy hands splashing on the floor while reaching for a paper towel...the towel rack would solve that dilemma. I don't think our house has a soap dispenser....will have to look for a solution to that.....

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: jjjmomof3
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.460
I just bought rope lights at lunch, before I saw your post Megan. I'm so excited! I bought rope lights and a timer, $17. I can't wait to go home and try this!!

Edited 3/11/08 by jjjmomof3
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: AshleysCloset
· From: bechk45
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.461
Ashley, I'm only on page 10 so forgive me if someone already said this...
I use Olive oil bottles for dish detergent. I you have add some water and stir it up with a knife. Most liquid soaps are just too thick for the oil bottle.
Becky

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: thewritegirl
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.462
This thread is dangerous! It just makes me want to go out and go shopping!We are mostly still in the "remodel" phase with this house, but here's an idea I did with the curtains in our living room. I saw this in an Irish pub, and thought it looked nice and casual. You just sort of make a half knot with the two sides of the curtains instead of using tassels or tiebacks.
Here it is close up...
The sun was coming in these windows when I tried to take a picture, so it's way too dark, but it sort of gives you an idea of what it looks like.
I tied the curtains on either side of the windows, but you could also tie them right in the middle of the window.
Mary
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: chasenluke
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.463
I am looking at doing a photo wall on the wall by my stairs. It will be all pictures of the kids since it goes to the playroom and attic only.
I love the idea of all sizes. Would it be better to have all matching frames or all different? I also love the quote PP listed but my walls are textured as well, how wil that work?
What is the easiest way to get the quote?
I have been looking at the nesting link but have a hard time finding things, is it just me?

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: **Smurfette**
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.464
That's a fabulous idea for windows like that (which I also have) where there is not enough room to install holdbacks. LOVE it.
Laurie
Formerly Sassy-n-Bella(Smurfette is an old OLD nickname. Don't ask. Stirrup pants are involved.)

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: pookie_lou
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.465
I wanted to suggest filling an apothecary jar with buttons. I "inherited" an extensive button collection from my dh's grandma who was a seamstress. I decided to dump all of them in one of those jars (Walmart $10) and sit them out on my counter.Another item would be old wooden spools....
Pookie_LouMother of Two

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: ***Shan***
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.466
I tied the sheers in my dds' room like that. (well I did before they pulled them down the other day lol) I LOVE this thread!
-ShannSkylar 6/02Sydney 3/06
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: aamberwaves5
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.467
Here's the pic of the lamp I spraypainted. It's rustoleum brand. I can't remember the color

Sorry, I have no idea how to resize the new photoshop way!
Sara



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Mommy Meg!
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.468
PP asking about how many strands of christmas lights above the cabinet. . . I always use one because I really like th soft glow. If you use too many it won't be as pleasing to the eye because it will be so bright. I would start with a singe strand and then go back and add another strand if you need to (I doubt you will). The goal is just to have a little glow.Meg


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: kinderteacher
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.469
Chanting..
pictures!
pictures!
pictures!
I want to see pictures of the window treatments. My bedroom has 4 windows, all different sizes and naked!!!!! I cannot sew a button and am wondering if I could do this? I mentioned it to my DH and he told me to forget about it!
Amy

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: jjjmomof3
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.470
Thanks Meg. Since I couldn't find Christmas lights right now, I did buy the rope lights. If it's too bright, I will try to scrounge up some Christmas lights. I can't wait to try this!!
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: The Mom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.471
I started another thread about this but thought I'd post it here, too. Has anyone used the Behr color Popcorn Ball? I'm thinking of using it in my kitchen but I'd like to see an IRL picture of it if anyone has it. hint hint.
Okay--my problem is I need some decorating ideas for my YDD's room. It's pale yellow and pretty small. We will be moving in the next year so I don't want to do anything crazy like a mural...okay, I really do, but I want something that will sell our house not turn people away because they don't like kids murals. Any neat/easy/cheap ideas? Just something to put up on the walls that can easily come down.
Nancy

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: bristlingacres
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.472
Lesil- What is your countertop? I'm thinking of light colored countertops (Zodiaq for the island) and I'm wondering how stain resistant they'll be. Your kitchen looks awesome! What color did you paint the walls? Do you have a close up of the backsplash (behind the cooktop)?
Astrid
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: BanE'sMom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.473
I love all the idea and pictures, keep them coming!
I am wanting to redo our Master Bedroom. I want to paint three walls a tan color, and then do an accent wall in a sage color (Can't remember the exact names) I am doing it in a western theme, as we are ranchers. I just came up with this idea today instead of a border at the top of the wall; I am thinking of using horseshoes, and then in between the horseshoes hanging old reins, like in a swag. I just thought of it today on my lunch break so I haven't worked out the details, lol. What wold be the best way to hang the horseshoes on the wall, any ideas?

SheilaBradey 2-20-03Ethan 2-1-06

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: JSAves&Henry
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.474
So far, I've made it to page 23! Whew! You girls are making my day. I love to see so many people interested in decorating. I haven't gotten on here in at least two good weeks, hardly any at all in about a month or so, and can't even get through one thread! There's no telling what I've missed. Anyway, being a decorator, it's neat to see so many people interested! And, you guys have some great ideas and some good looking end results. I'll try to finish the thread before next week!

~Shannon~
*Proud mom to Avery (5/05) and Baby Henry (7/07)*
come check me out at "Where is my mind?!?!"

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: The Mom
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.475
AHHH, forgot something. Does anyone have plastic apothocary jars?
AND--for all of you with cute little things around your house, do your kids not mess with them? I have a small deamon 2 year old that thinks every single thing in the house is hers. If it's within her reach she will get it. I'm very consisitant with my discipline but it hasn't slowed her down yet. The above question about plastic jars is because of the 2yo.
Nancy

· Date: 3/11/08
· To: fuzzylolipop
· From: Punkin+JuneBug
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.476
My dad has a house in Destin and he and his wife always drive to NDI. I never go because, well, I love the beach. But I'll have to go sometime. They're arrangements are beautiful, but I'm not much for falsies.Any tips on how to clean / dust the arrangements? That's my biggest hang-up (with the authentic looking ones), they sit for so long that they become dusty. Real ones would have been composted long before they can get that way. ETA: I should have clarified, I meant dust the acrylic "water".-Mather
Edited 3/11/08 by Punkin+JuneBug
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: hopingforhearts
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.477
I love this thread ladies! I am just getting ready to move, and am planning out all the new changes I can make! I would love to see any pictures of quotes on the wall-I am ordering from Expressivewalls- and I am just so excited!
The one thing I am really proud of is my charging box. I got so tired of havign cords everywhere in my bedroom, and I saw a cool example at pottery barn teen! I got a thick cardboard style box (I wanted wood, but couldnt cut rhough it) and put a surge protector inside, then ran the single cord down the back of my side table adn plugged it in! Now I can charge everythign at night, and just tuck the cords in during the day! I covered mine with scrapbooking paper to match my room, but you could also use paint, or fabric, anything!
Megan

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Mom2Three415
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.478
Okay I'm so excited. I needed to redo my middle DS's room cause he is getting older and I wanted something that would grow with him. Anyways he has a blue comforter already so was trying to stick with that as a base. Here is what I have ordered or am getting - I can't wait to see it all together. Thanks for inspiring me and giving me ideas! LOVE YOU!
The 24" blue star from here.
http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=ZWL&Ntt=star&N=36&Nao=8&R=848161014ZWV4&product=Star-Wall-Decor
These sheets in Varsity Blue....
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25436&CatID=29162&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=12adfe9&ProdSeq=1&Cat=prints&Dep=Bed+%2b+Bath&PCat=SHEETS&PCatID=28904&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=37&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=28904&RefDeptID=25436&Page=1&CmCatId=254362890429162
The sq accent pillow... (it's a darkish red)
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?ItemID=13fa336&ItemTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=pillows&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&CmCatId=SearchResults&Search1Prod=True&S4Filter=N%7c4294967150%7cNtt%7cpillows%7cNtk%7csearch_all%7cNao%7c180%7cNty%7c1%7csid%7c1189E3F7CE8A%7cNtx%7cmode%2bmatchallpartial%7cNtpr%7c1%7cNtpc%7c1%7cFN4294967150%7cdecorative+pillows+%2b+cushions
need to order this accent pillow.... (the sq one - blue with tan and red lines)
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?ItemID=131870b&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=pillows&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&CmCatId=SearchResults&Search1Prod=True&S4Filter=N%7c4294967150%7cNtt%7cpillows%7cNtk%7csearch_all%7cNao%7c216%7cNty%7c1%7csid%7c1189E3F7CE8A%7cNtx%7cmode%2bmatchallpartial%7cNtpr%7c1%7cNtpc%7c1%7cFN4294967150%7cdecorative+pillows+%2b+cushions
I'll use his flat sheet to make him a "mistreatment".
What do you think?



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: TickyTackyTee
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.479

Bed Bath & Beyond has a faux leather charging station (in brown I think) in their flyer this week for $19.99, plus there is a $5 off $15 coupon on the flyer as well. Seems like a good deal.Here is a pic.

·

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: hopingforhearts
· From: JoshuaJacob
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.480

Could you post a picture of your charging post?I tried looking for it and PBTeen but there is so much to look at.
Jennifer

·

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Spoiledinhouseofblue
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.481

I am loving these ideas. I am in the middle of trying to decorate after 4 years of being Moved into our brand new home!
I am so not creative. Most of this was my husbands idea
You are all so creative! That blog is amazing!
Here are some of my pics, not spectacular.
Here is my son's Room(my inlaws made that box valance for them-and I love it!). I added the wallies on the valance to make it "Pop out" .We got the curtains I think at target. I normally have nicer stuff on top of it, but was just dusting up there today and forgot to put it back ;-)!
All the accessories are from target! ;-) Ignore the missing border that would be thanks to my 3 year old! ;-)



My husband painted this wall by hand(the football lines and numbers) Here is the playroom-the valance again my inlaws made, but put material over it this time! We found the "book" shelf at a garage sale for .25 and then sanded and painted it! Here is my kitchen(I am embarresed of all the crap on top of the cabinets, I got good ideas from this board) What do you think of the paint color? LOL! I want to do a dark red, what do you think? I lvoe the cafe sign on my cabinet-Home goods I love these signs I got them at home goods I think Ignore the ugly light fixture-we have the light just have to replace it My living room/dining room area(sconces are Party light)-I love my blinds in the kitchen! ;-) My livingroom(notice we have walls painted different colors). People say they like it Sconces from Party light, picture frame free from my neighbor(Home interiors)


·


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: mum23loves
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.482
GLUE GUNS:
I have a confession to make - I don't own a glue gun (I know, I don't deserve to be on this thread, lol). With that said, is there anything I need to look for when buying one? Can I just pick one up at Joann's or Target, or any store that sells one? Are you faithful to one brand?
Any feedback is welcome, thanks!!
jen
mum to two little love bugs - soon to be mom of 3

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Lesil
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.483
JoshuaJacob -

the store in Kearney honors two ads on Saturdays...it's never appeared anywhere in print but when you walk in they have both ads posted

Bristling Acres -

thank you!...my counters are Corian and I think the color is Matterhorn...occasionally I'll have a Crystal Light stain but I just use a Clorox wipe and after a few times it disappears...I was told I could use fine grit sandpaper to remove any difficult stains but I haven't had any yet....the paint color is Fresh Biscotti by Dutch Boy (or close to it...I just took the paint chip to a local store and had them color match it)....we used that color throughout the entire main floor....

here's a pic of our backsplash (with one of the infamous tin stars! LOL)...

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Treyton&Elli'sMama
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.484

Jen- I love the super cheapo glue guns from Hobby Lobby. I think I paid $1.99 for each of mine (one high temp & one low temp) and $1.99 for a bag of glue sticks for each. I figure that this way I can just throw it away if it quits working and I'm not out much. I also think that they are easier to work with than my big one. I honestly don't even know where my big one is anymore. LOL
Bethany*Mommy to Ellison & Treyton*

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: Jenni-O
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.485
The drapes are a brown suede material. I believe that I bought them as a pair at either Target or Kmart. I really like the suede. Here they are currently:

Close-up:

Before this, I had the drapes that are now in my dining room there. They are also brown, but linen. I just had the valance in the dining room before, but the valance is so big that I felt I needed more weight on the bottom, so I moved them. So here's what was behind the couch before:

Opinions needed: See in the first pic that there is a six inch space between the windows? All of our windows are that way, and until we can afford to replace all windows and siding, I'm stuck figuring out what to do. So what looks better: no curtains in the middle like in pic 1, or curtains in the middle of the windows like pic 2? I thought about maybe putting a decorative metal key in between the windows or something, but I really have no idea. This house has its quirks. Opinions?
Easy Curtain Idea: I'm getting ready to paint the walls in my living room a yellow mustard (I already have that color in my office, but the office is going to become my dd's room shortly), and guess what I'm making my drapes out of? I'm going to buy burlap (love the texture), fold it over the rod at the top, fold the edges behind it to meet in the middle (no seams showing), puddle it on the ground, and tie it back with something rope-looking. I like lots of textures, and why not?! I think it will work!
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: BanE'sMom
· From: Lesil
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.486
Check out this site for some awesome (and very expensive) ideas for a western home....I love the lasso mirror and it's probably something you could make yourself....

King Ranch Saddle Shop
http://www.krsaddleshop.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=7&path=1%2C2%2C7

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: 1Dawn
· From: Jenni-O
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.487
Dawn-Thanks so much for posting the picture of your drapes for me....we do have the same couch (I love it!!!). I'm off to try to find some drapes for my family room!!!
JenniferDS-5 yrs.

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: bristlingacres
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.488
Is there a trick to painting wall vents? I'd like to paint ours but I'm afraid that I'll end up with a mess.
Astrid
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: kindred28
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.489
Too Hot for the Ove Glove....the amount of buttons depend on the size of the buttons. Normally the larger the buttons, the less in a kit. The one I used had 6 buttons in it.
Kristin-mommy to:
Nadia 1/24/02
Gavin 3/1/07
and 5 angels in heaven

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: catherine1848
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.490
For the PP about a glue gun. I hate the hi temp ones. They are WAY too hot and leak everywhere. I have a small low temp gun that I love. No real brand name, just $5 at Michaels. I had a red metal tin star outside by my front door. Always got compliments on it and it was $8 at the shore. I swear my neighbor stole it. (She likes to be a one upper) I got a newer, better and BIGGER one to replace it and have it secured down with zip ties. Try to take it THIS time B i tch.Catherine

www.curlyclips.etsy.com
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: catherine1848
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.491
Astrid, for painting the wall vent, I suggest taking it down and painting it with several thin coats. You don't want drips to show. Catherine

www.curlyclips.etsy.com

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: mum23loves
· From: 1Dawn
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.492
Jen, if you think you'll use a glue gun a lot (or if you're clumsy like me, lol), I'd pay a little more and get a cordless one. WM sells cordless ones for around $10-12, I think. It would be much easier to use, especially if you're doing curtains so the cord won't keep getting tangled in material. I have a regular small one, an industrial (burn your fingers off) one, and a cordless one. I use the cordless the most.
Girlfriend, you have to get a glue gun! HTH!
Oh, and you won't believe what you can do with a glue gun! I used them in my classroom at school. Anything laminated...just put hot glue on the back and slap it on the wall. Wooden name letters...put hot glue on the back and slap it on painted drywall, and it just pops right off, no damage to the walls. You'll be amazed!
Next, you'll need a good drill...
This post has been brought to you by the letter D and the number 2.Dawn ~Mommy to two darling daughters
Edited 3/11/08 by 1Dawn
·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: 9 mins of *crazy*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.493
I had a red metal tin star outside by my front door. Always got compliments on it and it was $8 at the shore. I swear my neighbor stole it. (She likes to be a one upper) I got a newer, better and BIGGER one to replace it and have it secured down with zip ties. Try to take it THIS time B i tch.
LMAO!

·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: Nan7534
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.494
Here are some of my Uppercase Living pictures:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Nan7534/CIMG1161.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Nan7534/CIMG1162.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/Nan7534/CIMG1167.jpg
Please excuse the mess! I work out of my dining room : )
Visit www.uppercaseliving.com and register under Customer Corner to see the new catalog!
Demonstrator ID: 577057Token: Chiarelli



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: MightyPixie
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.495
Where are you guys getting your glass decanters? I didn't see any at Target.
BTW, Target had tons of cool vase/apothecary jar filler stuff.
Note to self: get a glue gun.
Pixie
I'm confused... wait, maybe I'm not.

· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: mum23loves
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
·

Bookmark
· 159167.496

Glue Gun feedback - thanks ladies!
Ok, low temp = keep my fingerprints; good to know!
And lol Dawn1 - if I get a drill, then what the heck do I need DH around for?? I like your suggestion of cordless, that makes sense to me & is ideal for me (I'd be spinning around in the cord, somehow I'd get hurt)...
Thanks again!
mum to two little love bugs - soon to be mom of 3


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: kindred28
· From: *~The H2O Below~*
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.497
THANKS!!!I am considering finding cheap (used???) fancy 5x7 picture frames, painting the glass with magnetic paint and making magnets as sets and using as party favors for dd's bday. Hummmmm.....

Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: AnnieMegLilyBean
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.498

Ok, I finally made it back to this thread! This whole decorating thing is really pumping me up. I actually spent most of today cleaning my kitchen really well and digging through closets and boxes aka "shopping at home". Someone, can't remember who it was, asked me to post pics or links to what my toy bin looks like so they could help me figure out how to paint it black. Anyway, I don't have any pics of it on the computer and I don't see it at Target (it's several years old). Anyway, it is made of wood and painted white with kind of a glossy finish. Does that help?I have a question for you ladies though. What do you do with your kitchen table? I end up covering mine with a plastic tablecloth so the kids don't mess it up when they color or paint. I would really like to have some pretty placemats and a nice centerpiece but I don't see how they would survive my three kids. So, what do you do?To the PP regarding the glass decanters...a lot of women were finding them at TJMaxx or some such store.
ShelbyAnnie 5/7/02Meg 3/7/04Lily 2/20/07



·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: Punkin+JuneBug
· From: fuzzylolipop
· Add to FriendsIgnore
· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.499
For cleaning artificial arrangements you are supposed to use compressed air in a can and/or a soft brush or cloth to dust them off. Then use a can of the artificial cleaner you can get at most craft stores. Sort of tedious - hence the dust factor. Photo walls tips:-Make sure you layout your pictures first - like Lemony showed you or you can roll out one sheet of Kraft or butcher paper and trace your frames, then tack the entire sheet up. You can actually nail right theough the paper to eliminate any mistakes when hanging.- Try to use frames that relate to each other - the same color frame or same color mat - keep something consistent.- Use photos that are all the same type - as in all black & white or all color - do not mix them. It will look more polished and cohesive.


·
· Date: 3/11/08
· To: All
· From: SuzanneTX
· Add to FriendsIgnore

· Report as Violation
· Print
· Send to a Friend
· Bookmark
· 159167.500

To all of you painting wooden pieces, here's a little tip I learned from the HD paint department manager: use those cheapy foam brushes and you won't get brush marks.
We were going to repaint our front door and asked for advice so we wouldn't screw it up and then have to replace the door. He said to clean it with warm soapy water, thoroughly dry, prime it, then use foam brushes to paint it. I was really hesitant, but he assured me it would turn out great...and it did!!! We went from a ugly teal front door to a nice, almost Caraway-colored front door that looks so good with our light colored brick. We replaced the ugly brass kick plate at the bottom with a brushed nickel one and also put on a new brushed nickel handle. The door looks like a brand new one...I love it! I highly recommend using cheapy foam brushes to anyone painting wooden furniture.
ETA: if it has a slick finish, prime it with a coat of Kilz to be sure the new paint will stick. No sanding needed.

Edited 3/11/08 by SuzanneTX
Edited 3/11/08 by SuzanneTX

No comments:

Blog Archive