Thursday, September 11, 2008

Na na, na na, boo boo, two two

PrincessPeanut · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

Thank you DarrahK...that was nice of you to post that.


BTW..my reference to kool aid was about the Heavenly Gate cult who waited for Hayley's Comet to take them away. I had no idea it was racist!



Dragonchilde · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

I'll apologize for her too. She's pretty unrepentant.


I'm an Obama Mama, and first to tell her that that wasn't cool.


I don't care WHO you vote for... as long as you're educating yourself, and voting for SOMEONE!


I have tremendous respect for John McCain (and would one day like to shake his hand and sincerely thank him for his sacrifice) even if I don't agree with his policies and won't be voting for him.


We're not all kool-aid drinking cultists, believe it or not... and I don't think any of you are, either. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we can't RESPECT each other.

HanScarlet · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

thanks Darrah


ETA: thanks Dragon (typing at the same time)

Lauren&MichaelsMommy · your friend!· Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

good luck, I hope you all vote. I do remember that quality over quantityKiss

ajkulig · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

That's because it wasn't. OP probably had no idea what you were referencing.


And yes, I saw that the Obama mamas did not agree with her. I don't think we should let the actions of few speak for an entire group.

Froggies&Frangipanis · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

ITA, It's not "us" against "them". It should be "us" for McCain Palin. This group is to help get our candidate elected by informing and also for intelligent, strong, women to get together and discuss our views.

ljj23 · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

I'd have to say that McCain's voting record for the past 2 years isn't very indicative of what he represents. 90% agreement with not much. I'm referring, of course, to the inability of the Democratically-controlled Congress to actually do its job...pass a budget...any budget...pass any legislation to help us. They've spent most of their time politicking and preparing for the big day in November, and in their spare time, investigating the Bush administration...desperate to find some kind of illegalilty. When there was an energy crisis this summer, they decided to go on vacation. Not much legislation passed, not much legislation on which to vote.

jessica-mom2charlie · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

That;s all we're asking for! A little respect. That's why you won't see any of us coming over there and telling you all you're going to Hell because you're pro-choice. (seriously, I am just kidding... I would never actually say that in seriousness)


Thanks for the apology. I respect anyone who makes an informed choice as to whom they will vote for.

mammalmaniac · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

The Kool-aid is a reference to cult leader Jim Jones who's members pledged their life to him. I think it was almost 1,000 people (including children) that drank a poisoned drink to commit mass suicide in 1978 at "Jonestown" in the South Africa jungle. Although it occurred over seas, it was an American cult that relocated to escape American capitalism.


It isn't racist, but it might be offensive to some as making a joke out of a very tragic event.


Don't listen to me though, I'm obviously an uneducated, conservative supporter of McCain :)

love_my_chunkster · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

I just wanted to let y'all know why some might take the Kool-aid reference as racist. I am not attempting to sound racist here, so please forgive me if I do because that is not my intent...but here in GA most black people LOVE red kool-aid and it is often referenced when people are talking about black people. So, I assume that is how some people took it. Just thought I would let you know...

carmenrae · Pass a Note!
Updated 6 hours ago

*sits in corner just shaking her head* Undecided

NikLvsWar · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Just wanted to say I'm a lurker but I'm not a member lol.

1LuckyGrl · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Even though I am voting for Obama, I too don't agree with the OP posting this here. This board is solely for educating others about your candidate and what they stand for and what they can do for our country. And on a day like today, we should all be coming together to unite regardless of who we are voting for.


jessica-mom2charlie · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

It's strange how people always immediately accuse a comment made to be racist. I understand that lots of people like kool-aid. It's sad that we've always gotta be on our guards because people might think we're racist! Goodness.

Leggomycoffee · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

I tooootally didn't know that about Kool-Aid and African-Americans in GA. I instantly thought of the Jim Jones cult from the 70's. You learn something new every day.


Thanks for the apology, Obama Mama lady. Kiss


- Dellaina

Leggomycoffee · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

>>>And on a day like today, we should all be coming together to unite regardless of who we are voting for.

Excellent point, thank you for the shift in focus.

jessica-mom2charlie · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Thanks 1LuckyGrl. You're right. We're all going to live together after this whole thing is over. I wish we could just agree to disagree.


We should respect each other's right to decide for ourselves.

Froggies&Frangipanis · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

I actually think this thread accomplished something good between our groups! See! It is a good day!

LuvANorwegian · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Thank you OP for the laugh. This made my otherwise exhausted self get a good laugh at you.



On the other hand, the Kool-Aide reference made me feel old as I am guessing I am one of a handful that are old enough to have immediately thought of Jim Jones.



I will say that when visiting the Mommas for Obama board there were some very nice and helpful people. She is not a fair representation of the group. We all have our wackos, just laugh.


Kristi


creamedcorn · your friend!· Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

I'm thinking that November 5th will be very interesting around here.

Lucky*Mom*24~7 · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Well, this was an interesting read for today. I kind of saw it coming, although not through this post. I'm glad all ended well and that the OP has been made to, well, enough.


Way to stay above the fray, McCain/Palin supporters!!

Leggomycoffee · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

I took a chance and posted for all of us on their board, then realized I should have probably asked first. Hope y'all don't mind?!!! I also hope TPTB don't delete the threads and aren't upset that I cross-posted. Here's the text:


>>>



Hi Obama Mamas,




As one of the moderators of the Women for McCain/Palin board, I'm going to take a chance and speak for all of us. We know that one person doesn't always speak for an entire group. No sweat. Kiss




We're hoping we can all shift our focus to what today is - 9/11 - and try to remember that day. We all cried, we were all scared, we all put our flags outside for all to see, we all went home and hugged whoever we could get our hands on.




- Dellaina


>>>>


ArmyWifeRN · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Wow...Mature post...kind of like "My half of the cookie is bigger"

PrincessPeanut · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Thanks Dellaina! That was very tasteful and sincere. It is appreciated on my end Smile


Leggomycoffee · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

OK, the "Kiss" thing was originally this smiley >>> Kiss. And I'm going to assume that ArmyWifeRN is speaking about the OP. hee.

ArmyWifeRN · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Yes...sorry, I was referring to the OP.


I just read her post, and commented before I went through all the comments.


Your post was great Dellaina


carmenrae · Pass a Note!
Updated 5 hours ago

Dellaina ~ that was perfect!

jvanderwood · Pass a Note!
Updated 4 hours ago

I am an educated voter, and the way you guys talk to eachother shocks me! There is no need for hateful words. People usually decide on what they want based on issues that are important to them. But seriously you cannot blame the Republicans for the last 8 years. Educated people know that the dems. have controlled congress. That is saying a lot. You DO NOT vote for someone simply because they promise change, look at their past and their voting records. That usually says a lot. To be sitting here arguing about who has more members RIDICOLOUS!!!!! McCain is in the lead right now, and Obama has been in the lead too, so obviously its pretty even. Isn't this site for McCain supporters??? If it is then I think that they should be the only ones in here!

djtybry · Pass a Note!
Updated 4 hours ago

Wow I missed all this! Stinks having to back to work after having the summer off LOL! Laughing


MaxSanders · Pass a Note!
Updated 3 hours ago

Yes, that's too bad djtybry I would have liked to see what you would have added! ;)

maniacmath · Pass a Note!
Updated 3 hours ago

I totally missed the whole thing, man it stinks to have to work.

mommyof2lil1's · Pass a Note!
Updated 2 hours ago

As a PP mentioned, the Senate is currently in control by the Democrats because they won the majority a couple years ago. Does anyone else find it a coincidence that the ECONOMY the OP mentioned didn't start to go south until they were in control??? HUMMM... Interesting...


Sorry, I just had to mention that. I work in the finance industry and it kills me to hear people blame the problems with the economy on one man. He could not have done it all on his own. Also, I don't think he was the one out there lending BILLIONS of dollars for SUB-PRIME Mortgages to people who later wouldn't be able to afford the payments. He doesn't run WaMu, Countrywide or IndyMac... just to name a few.


This day has sucked so bad for me. Reading the OP just infurates me even more. I'm sorry for all the other Obama supporter's who will take crap because of people like the OP. I'm also sorry about my rant... Embarassed I just can't help myself.

madisonka · Pass a Note!
Updated 2 hours ago

But everything has to be Bush's fault! I blame him for the latest hurricanes as well. Tongue out

mommyof2lil1's · Pass a Note!
Updated 2 hours ago

LOL don't even get me started on that!!!! Aren't all Hurricanes and TS his fault?!?! I heard his nickname was Neptune. Tongue outWink

Crazy_Daze · Pass a Note!
Updated 1 hour ago

How embarassing...talk about ASSuming...I'm just speechless. Well, partially.

hme2174 · Pass a Note!
Updated 1 hour ago

I agree OP, which is why, as a DEMOCRAT, I approached this with an open mind and I am voting for MCCAIN/PALIN. I can say I took your advice and didn't go with TRADITION. Thanks for your insight!...now try taking your own advice.

fingerlakesmom5 · Pass a Note!
Updated 34 minutes ago

Hey ladies! Been lurking on this thread here and would like to see this one go in another direction if your all game??



I hope so. Here goes. What's your favorite need to unwind drink? It can totally be anything! Right now I have had such a long hard day that I could use a shot of yagermeister (sp? i mean really how is that spelled?..lmao) with a red bull chaser! This totally gets the blood flowing!



So what's yours?

April+PJ · Pass a Note!
Updated 34 minutes ago

I am informed, it's why I'm not voting for Obama! Is anyone noticing how the Obama supporters come to us to hit and run and insult, when we don't bother. Shows the mounting fear that they have. Oh man what are those people going to do if they actually have to pay taxes or support themselves like everyone else!!

Leggomycoffee · Pass a Note!
Updated 27 minutes ago

I so totally understand the desire to let the OP have it, especially if you've been at your place of employment all day and are just now seeing it. The OP was handed her heinie on a platter by her fellow Obama Mamas, a few of whom came here to apologize (because one lunatic does not a group define). I don't want us to behave just like her, y'know?


Anyway, because of what today is (I just watched some footage of 9/11 and I'm enraged all over again) can we agree she made a mistake and talk about our favorite cocktails instead?


- Dellaina (having a whiskey sour as we speak)

fingerlakesmom5 · Pass a Note!
Updated 23 minutes ago
Whiskey sour's are good!

Another one I really like is a blue whale but no one and I mean no one can make it the way I like it. My best friend does but is now living in another area and we don't hang out like we used to.
madisonka · Pass a Note!
Updated 22 minutes ago

Virgin strawberry dacquiri for me please! (9 months preggo and I don't drink anyways Tongue out)

miracle#1onway · Pass a Note!
Updated 21 minutes ago

My all time favorite is a well made REAL margarita - no salt on the rocks. Yummy

djtybry · Pass a Note!
Updated 18 minutes ago

Jack Daniels on the Rocks Please! Hell I have been in classroom with 16 4 year olds and 14 5 year olds all day. And just got home from back to school night.


MAKE IT A TRIPLE!

fingerlakesmom5 · Pass a Note!
Updated 16 minutes ago
You may have the drinks of your choice on me tonight:)

And while the drinks are going around...
what is the one thing you always end up doing while drinking?

I will start....I always end up giggly to the point that I always almost come very close to not making it to the potty. but I have perfected a leg crossed walk to get there just in the nick of time! Never fails. ever.

LOL
fingerlakesmom5 · Pass a Note!
Updated 15 minutes ago
Jack is good too! Your triple is my command!!!

MaxSanders · Pass a Note!
Updated 15 minutes ago

I don't drink either... that virgin dacquiri sounds yummy!


On the other hand we got 16 new members today! Wahoo! Welcome new members!

MaxSanders · Pass a Note!
Updated 14 minutes ago

Make that 17!

madisonka · Pass a Note!
Updated 14 minutes ago

Maybe we should let this thread die and start a Happy Hour thread. I think I will do just that...............

Crazy_Daze · Pass a Note!
Updated 11 minutes ago

Way to thread jack fingerlake! lol!


I'm a fan of grasshoppers, but hardly anyone knows what they are! I had to go to Australia for someone to know and be able to make one!

avi8turmommy · Pass a Note!
Updated 9 minutes ago

kaluha and cream...oh my I love those! And I Laugh...a LOT! I love to laugh when I am tipsy...but it will be a while before that happens again...3rd month TTC>

fingerlakesmom5 · Pass a Note!
Updated 3 minutes ago
this has been moved here so we can just let this one die out:

community.babycenter.com/post/a1150...
Report this

No comments:

Blog Archive