Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Uh-Oh! Big No No!!

Date: 3:53 PM
To: All
From: Mom2jope
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a Friend Bookmark 147995.1
Poll What Do You Think- Abortion Issue?

Votes: 40
Latest: 4:06 PM
Yes courts should order an abortion
No courts shouldn't order an abortion, she keeps the baby
No abortion, take the baby away from her
Other
Vote now! Post Comment See results

Date: 3:54 PM
To: All
From: Mom2jope
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.2
If you watched Boston Legal last night you'll know what I am talking about.
So would you vote for a court ordered abortion?
A black man was suing a lady who stole his sperm. He didn't want to have intercourse because he didn't want children. So she did him an oral favor, saved the sample and then later went to a fertility lab and had the sperm injected into her. She is pregnant.
So now he was suing to make her have an abortion because he claimed rape.
So I am just wondering what you think would be apropriate to do.




Date: 3:54 PM
To: All
From: KatieP1025
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.3
Isn't this subject a little too taboo for a light-hearted mommy BBC?


Date: 3:54 PM
To: All
From: blessedwith3girls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.4
This is going to get locked in 30 minutes or less. Abortion is a BIG no no here!!



Andrea
Date: 3:55 PM
To: All
From: Tofurkey
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.5
can the little guys commute that long?


Date: 3:55 PM
To: All
From: melik97
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.6
This is a big no no around here


Date: 3:55 PM
To: All
From: lessthangraceful
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.7
yeah. I think this is going to get pulled pretty fast.


Date: 3:56 PM
To: All
From: Mom2jope
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.8
Will it get locked? I didn't know I wasn't suppose to post that.




Date: 3:57 PM
To: All
From: Panda123
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.9
I can't see this lasting long since abortion talk isn't allowed.
Well, I don't think he can force her to have an abortion even if he claims rape. If you're on the side of woman's body, woman's choice, you obviously can't be for that. If you're pro life you're not going to agree with that. I think it would be hard to make it jibe with your belief system no matter which side you're on.
Now if his story is true, I don't think the poor bugger should have to pay child support!


Date: 3:57 PM
To: All
From: Steven'sMamma!
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.10
Let the games begin........
Popcorn Anyone?





Tracy


Date: 3:58 PM
To: All
From: webmom30
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.11
that clicking sound that you hear? the sound of the report button being pressed a million times.



Date: 3:59 PM
To: All
From: lessthangraceful
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.12
It might fly on the debate board but most other boards consider it insensitive to alot of posters.


Date: 4:00 PM
To: All
From: PodBabyMom
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.13
Weird. I can see how it isn't fair to the guy if he truly doesn't want a child, but as long as he can't be forced to pay child support then I guess they should leave it at that. I would not abort or ask a court to make a woman abort, but I would ask for him to be spared the child support. She wanted the kid, she should pay for it.
ETA: And for the record the OP is talking about a tv show for pete's sake. Why would that offend anyone? Geez, maybe I just don't wear my feelings on my sleeve, but I thought it was just a general question about a tv show.
Michelle
Mason 8/25/05
Edited 4:02 PM by PodBabyMom


Date: 4:01 PM
To: All
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.14
you're kidding about this entire post, right? Didn't the same thing get deleted last week?

Mary
Mommy to: Ian- 8 YO, Macy-3/16/03 & Jack-11/19/04



Date: 4:03 PM
To: All
From: SunGoddessMommy
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.15
Can't FORCE a woman to have an abortion, but then, I don't feel he should pay child support either...
How did the epi end?



Date: 4:04 PM
To: All
From: Mom2BabyDuck&NannerBean
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.16
Well its an interesting story because I can see his point to a certain degree. He will have a child walking around in the world who may one day come looking for him. His mother will know who he is and he could search for him. It's not like getting it from a sperm back where you can protect your identity. I certainly don't think he should have to pay for this child, but he may have to "pay" down the road in mental anguish. I don't think the courts should force anything on another person's body unless they are incapable of making their own decisions. It's a slippery slope.






If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong!



Date: 4:05 PM
To: All
From: Carter&Violet'sMami
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.17
I don't think they can force an abortion. Hypothetically speaking, he should have been more responsible with his sperm. Granted you would never ever expect someone to do that, but he should have ejaculated elsewhere and disposed of it himself. However, I do think he should be exempt from any type of financial responsibility for the resulting, and possibly awarded money for mental suffering, etc. But they can not force a woman to have an abortion, there is no way.

Crazy byatch!!! LOL

I know we aren't allowed to debate abortion, but seeing as this is a hypothetical question, and no one is debating, I don't think it's that beg of a deal.
Kasey
Carter Grant 7/14/03
Violet Jane 1/23/07
Surprise baby expected 07/13/08!
Edited 4:06 PM by Carter&Violet'sMami


Date: 4:06 PM
To: All
From: Lemony
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.18
How did this TV show get the rights to my life story? I mean honestly, is nothing sacred anymore? I had all of my kids via oral sperm-banking.


Lemony


Date: 4:06 PM
To: All
From: JenniferL12
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.19
What did him being a black man have to do with the story??

Jennifer-wife to Alex, mom to Alden. Oh, and the little one coming in July :)




Date: 4:07 PM
To: All
From: Mom2jope
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.20
Well I hope I don't get in trouble I just thought it was interesting episode.
BTW the end the court ruled in her favor and said no court would ever rule in his favor. But the man also decided he wanted to be in the child's life, just not involved with her.


Date: 4:08 PM
To: All
From: C&AsMommy
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a Friend Bookmark 147995.21
I don't think it is against the rules to discuss abortion. It is against the rules to debate abortion. I have seen many discussions about this topic on babycenter. As long as it remains civil, I don't think they will close the thread.
Leah
Audrey 10/25/01
Caleb 3/11/04




Date: 4:08 PM
To: All
From: Mom2jope
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.22
What did him being a black man have to do with the story??
Well sorry I should have explained that better, I am not racist! The woman made it a big deal and that is why she choose him because quote "she wanted a little obama baby".




Date: 4:10 PM
To: Mom2jope
From: JenniferL12
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.23
I just deleted my post because after writing it, I realized I didn't want to start a debate on an entirely different subject

Jennifer-wife to Alex, mom to Alden. Oh, and the little one coming in July :)




Date: 4:15 PM
To: All
From: SunGoddessMommy
Add to FriendsIgnore
Report as ViolationPrintSend to a FriendBookmark 147995.24
Boston Legal is notorius for "pushing buttons" and going out of the way to shock and offend, so having a woman say she wanted a "little obama baby" on that show? Doesn't suprise me one bit...
OP, I think she said Black man, b/c on the show he was portrayed by a black man. She was just setting the scene to the actual show.
It's so hard to believe Boston Legal is a spinoff of The Practice.

No comments: