Friday, May 16, 2008

Take the money and run.

Someone just asked to buy my Marilyn Monroe Barbie.. it's the pink Gentlemen Prefer Blondes edition and is NIB... the box is slightly damaged (ie. the plastic is detached on the front display part)..

I had planned to keep this doll and love it, but money is tight.. so what should I sell her for? They're going for $40-$100 on ebay..
Photobucket

Edited 2:48 PM by Ash*Kiddies
  • Reply to this Message
  • nydancer226
Sorry, I have no idea how much to sell the Marilyn doll for.

I was just wondering where my sling is? You said you were going to send it out over a month ago....is everything okay? I checked my Paypal account and the $ went through to you over 2 months ago so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks again,
Michelle
Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.

.Photobucketpregnancy calendar
  • Reply to this Message
  • Margots-Mom

If you have mixed feelings about selling it, I would ask high ($100-$125) and negotiate from there. Just making sure: did you search "completed auctions" on ebay? That gives you a truer sense of value than ongoing auctions, as they can shoot up in the last minutes.

Sheri

  • Reply to this Message
  • the overkill killer
shocked

~*~Mommy to Michael and Lorelei~*~

  • Reply to this Message
Message 175390.6 was deleted
  • ^*2Kidz4us*^
To the person who deleted her post: (with two kids in siggy) why did you delete it? Don't be afraid to call her out if you didn't get your sling!
My sister ordered a sling from her too, and never got it. No need to be afraid to out the problem!
  • Reply to this Message
  • Lady Lophofo

LOL to the PP I thought I had deleted it fast enough. I feel bad calling people out but I want my sling or my money back. It just sucks. She doesn't even reply to my emails.

Megan (aka porkchopsmama)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

  • Reply to this Message
  • nydancer226
Ashley,
I've tried emailing you several times and haven't gotten any responses so that's why when I saw you posting I came to ask you about the sling.

I hope everything is okay over on your end. I really want my sling, so if you could send it out that would be great. I'm very excited to use it with baby #2 when she gets here. If not, if you could refund my $35 that would be fine too.

Thanks again,
Michelle
Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.

.Photobucketpregnancy calendar
  • Reply to this Message
  • my_screen_name

I hope you guys get your slings soon. I wished I would have seen this thread a week ago. I just gave away three slings. I would have
sent them to you girls.

  • Reply to this Message
  • AntiSeaBearCircle

So that makes three people who have ordered slings and haven't gotten them???

OP, check the prices that the doll goes for on eBay, then sell it for a similar price. Then give the women who paid for slings and didn't get them the money your friend pays you for the doll.

  • Reply to this Message
  • ~GeorgiaOnMyMind~
Uh oh
~Julie~
Georgia (09.10.2004) and Jack (12.08.2007)
  • Reply to this Message
  • eakncjmama
Add me to the list, but to Ashley's credit she has responded to my emails. And, she only owes me $5 for a Webkinz for her ds.

Renewable energy is the only homeland security.

  • Reply to this Message
  • 1kid4now
wow I guess trollishness has went to frequent well liked posters!

Amanda do right by these ladies. This board has been by your side through your difficult time; don't burn these women!
  • Reply to this Message
  • my_screen_name

New to posting here, but I've gotta say UH OH too! shocked

  • Reply to this Message
  • the overkill killer

Not uh-oh.

This could be delicious! Just what I need on a cold, rainy Friday!

come out OP!

~*~Mommy to Michael and Lorelei~*~

  • Reply to this Message
  • BUFFYTHEMUFFMUFFMUFF
This poster has been a part of this board for a long long time. Everyone seems to love her. Are you guys
sure that you have the CORRECT person? I highly doubt this lady would screw anyone over. She has a ton
of post. I'm guessing that you have the wrong person.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1kid4now
bump I want to hear a response!
  • Reply to this Message
  • Lady Lophofo
Positive as can be. I didnt order it, my bff did, but I was the one who recomended her because she had posted about selling the slings right around the time her and her dh split up, so since my friend was in the market for one I told her this would be helping a newly single mom. She doesnt reply to emails but my friend is ready to put in a dispute to paypal.

Megan (aka porkchopsmama)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

  • Reply to this Message
I want to hear a response too! I am guessing that these ladies have the wrong person. There
is just no way I would believe Ash*kiddies would scam anyone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • BUFFYTHEMUFFMUFFMUFF
shocked In that case I am appalled! I really hope you get your friends sling! What is she using now for a sling ? Nothing?
That is SAD! I bet you feel like crap for suggesting this person to make the sling for your friend, huh?
  • Reply to this Message
  • nydancer226
I just wanted to clarify, I know for sure it's OP that I was dealing with. I have numerous emails from her and actually ordered the sling back when she posted on here about moving out of the house away from her DH right after her youngest DS was born. We were communicating every few days up until she said she was going to send out the sling. That was back in beginning of April. I've emailed her at least 4 times since then and have heard nothing.

That's just what's up with my story....

Michelle

PS - I don't like having to come on here to "call her out" but I've tried every way I can think of to get in touch with her off the boards and I've not gotten anywhere from it.....I would just like my sling that I payed for....
Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.

.Photobucketpregnancy calendar
  • Reply to this Message
  • the overkill killer

don't feel bad PP!

It wouldn't be a big deal if she was responding to emails. It sounds like she's not.

It's also weird that she has not come back to the thread...

~*~Mommy to Michael and Lorelei~*~

  • Reply to this Message
  • Ali4494
I know for a fact that Ashley (not Amanda) does make slings. I was thinking about ordering one when I was pregnant. I just hope she sets things right. We all understand that you need money, but scamming people from this board is just wrong, especially since these girls have been listing to your story and offering you advice for months.
  • Reply to this Message
  • Lady Lophofo
She is using her belly as a sling, since her baby isnt here yet LOL! It is just sad that there has been no communication. We totally understand the single mom thing and time is short when you ar eworking , taking care of two kids and making slings. The main problem here is she has been ignoring our emails completely. My freind is filing with paypal soon if she doesn't find out something.

Megan (aka porkchopsmama)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

  • Reply to this Message
  • **Marley'sMommy**
If she isn't responding to your emails, can't you file something with paypal?
  • Reply to this Message
  • nydancer226
I tried to file with Paypal but they only let you file a dispute up to 45 days after payment. I payed her in February....

Michelle



Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.

.Photobucketpregnancy calendar
  • Reply to this Message
  • nikanjal

If you paid with a credit card couldn't you file a dispute with your credit card company?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

cupcakecutieblinkie.gif picture by lilchasgirl2

Jenna 4/03

Maddy 1/07

  • Reply to this Message
  • Lady Lophofo
Sh!t!! We thought it was 90 days, so my bff is SOL as well and she payed with funded paypal cry

Megan (aka porkchopsmama)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

  • Reply to this Message
  • nydancer226
My paypal is set up to come out of my bank account not a credit card....sad
Now I know to change that for future purchases.

Michelle

Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep.

.Photobucketpregnancy calendar
  • Reply to this Message
  • *Bosty*

Wow. Unfortunately something similar has happened to me on this board, but not with OP. Lots of people suggested that this is considered mail fraud and you could go to the police to file a complaint. I'm assuming you have her address through the paypal account. Hope you all get your money back.

ETA
Definitions of mail fraud
on-delivery or misrepresentation of mail-order merchandise
This scheme exists in various forms; order an item, make payment, receive nothing is the simplest form of mail fraud. Other variants include misleading descriptions (advertisement says an expensive camera is available by mail-order, when the item arrives it turns out to be a toy camera), deliberate sale of defective merchandise or even stolen merchandise. High-ticket items such as computer hardware are particularly tempting targets for scam artists.

The same scams now exist online; non-delivery of auction or mail-order merchandise advertised on Internet sites is a common complaint.
Another variant involves shipping merchandise which was never ordered, obtaining a signature on delivery (or even COD), demanding payment for the items on the basis that they were signed for at destination.
Promotions selling services or data delivered entirely online are also particularly high-risk; if the promoter in question refuses to deliver as advertised, a fraud may be much more difficult to prove than if the seller is obliged to ship a parcel which requires a signature at destination.

Internet fraud and online auction fraud
Internet fraud or wire fraud schemes may also qualify as mail fraud if the mails are being used at any point in the scheme, including a request that a money order be sent to pay for non-existent or undelivered auction merchandise. Many of these schemes are merely variants on the fraudulent mail-order scams in which the merchandise is never delivered as described or delivered at all.

Photobucket

Edited 3:55 PM by *Bosty*
  • Reply to this Message
  • Lady Lophofo
Well as I figured, now that she has been calle dout she will not come back with a response.

Megan (aka porkchopsmama)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

  • Reply to this Message

I too am positive that I have the correct person. She has blamed the mishaps on the PO in her small town, and was sending a "second" MO a few weeks ago.

I'm not upset over $5, but probably will not be as kind to a stranger in the future. I too went by her rep on this board.

Renewable energy is the only homeland security.

  • Reply to this Message
  • LuvMy L-and-L

Very sad that all of you seem to have been scammed. Since there are several of you, I would assume this is intentional and start taking further action rather than wait for a response.

I doubt she will come back to this thread or answer your E-Mails. I just hope others here that don't read this thread because they aren't concerned about how much a Barbie costs, aren't scammed as well.

You three should get together and talk. It sounds like a case of mail fraud could be shown since it seems to be intentional.

To the OP, I hope you right these wrongs and any others here since I know many of the posters on this board have given you a ton of support.

  • Reply to this Message

  • hopeinaboat
Maybe she's not, maybe she has a reason for all of this.. If you all keep jumping on her she'll never explain!
"we're just dancing, we're just hugging, singing, screaming, kissing, tugging on the sleeve of how it used to be"
  • Reply to this Message
  • Ash*Kiddies
Wow, I didn't mean to post and run.. but didn't think my MM barbie post would turn into this!

I *have* had some issues with things lately, but promise I'm not scamming anyone. I only recognize the SN of nydancer since I do everything through email and only see sn's once. I also know that the webkinz $5 MO is in the mail....

HOWEVER - if I haven't responded to you via email, use this address: ashley4852@yahoo.com and we'll straighten things out.

Michelle, I'm sorry you had to call me out on the board, too - it shouldn't have come to that! I'll be happy to refund your money or fix the issues that I've had with mailing your sling. I don't recall having any issues with other slings, however, if I have managed to miss someone's email regarding ordering one just email me, don't jump on board the "ashley's a troll" train.

I *am* the right poster, and I'll straighten it out.. but I'm not scamming anyone for money, and I'm not a troll.


Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • LuvMy L-and-L

I did a little searching and from what I could get through the BBC search function, it looks like the last time she posted was back on Jan 25. She posted on Jan 4 originally about making slings.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the latest post comes up as Jan 25. So it looks like maybe she stayed away after people ordered for a reason.

I hope she comes back with an explanation, or at least refunds these ladies money.

  • Reply to this Message
  • missaminh

Anyone check her ebay screen name and see if she is selling everything you folks may have given her? Just wondering...hoping for the best...

Amy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • Ash*Kiddies
I post almost daily, thanks :)
Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • missaminh

Oh good! see look at that!

Amy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message
  • juliek8

Geez....people who aren't even involved are calling Ash a scammer. Give her a break and give her a chance to straighten things out. I doubt she was just trying to steal peoples money, but sometimes things happen that we don't intend. Give her a chance to fix things.

And creating another thread just to direct people to this one....totally uncalled for, imo.

ETA..Ashley is here every day...she's not hiding!

Julie

Matthew-12/6/02.........Lauren-8/11/05................Camryn-11/30/06

Baby #4 due August 07, 2008!! Yay!


Edited 4:47 PM by juliek8
  • Reply to this Message
  • LuvMy L-and-L

Oops, sorry for that. Don't know what the deal is with the BBC search function because it keeps coming up that way.

I am glad you came back to straighten it out.

  • Reply to this Message
  • SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
I can see if YOU personally felt scammed and tried to fix things privately to no avail, why someone YOU would be mad enough to "call someone out." Totally justified IMO.

But for those who had nothing to do with it - what a bunch of busybodies!



Val

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Reply to this Message

No comments: