Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mushroom cuts, Part 2

 Date: 8:10 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.60

Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't. The whole time I was married to my first hubby (uncirced), I kept UTI's and bacterial infections. I haven't had that problem since we divorced. And, yes, he kept it clean. It was just gross. JMO, of course.
Wow. That's... Gross. I've never heard of such issues, and I know quite a few intact men and their parters. I think maybe you just need a lesson on how to clean YOURSELF. Yuck.
Most people aren't "proud" of their son's penises......but whoopee for you.....
I don't think you are going to convince many people to go to your side of the debate with words like "mutilation" I think that's a pretty idiotic way to argue your point.....oh I'm sorry, oh wait, no I'm not......Why is your son's penis a "huge part of your life"?
Oh, I hardly think I was trying to convince anyone in this case. Sad that you don't see it as mutilation, though, since that's exactly what it is. It's not "idiotic", it's obvious. Oh, and LMAO, that's exactly what I said, Yes, my son's penis is a huge part of my life... But I have had to look at it multiple times a day since he was born, and luckily for both of us, everything's all nice and neat down there, instead of raw and exposed.
She doesn't care, her precious little boy will never leave her right?
LMAO! Oh, that was good for a laugh. My son's whole penis has nothing to do with me, other than the fact that it was/IS my duty to keep him safe and protect him, and when I declined the circumcision after he was born, I did just that.  He's welcome to choose circumcision when he turns 18, though I think we all know that won't happen. "Yes, Dr, please cut off the most sensitive part of my penis so that I'm exposed and will eventually lose most of the *good* feeling down there." Sounds good, right? I'm sure it happens all the time! Not.

Noah - 7/30/05




 Date: 8:11 PM
To: All
From: MommysBreakTime
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.61

So back to the hair style issue...
This was Christopher at Christmas. It grew a bit more before we had to cut it.

 Date: 8:13 PM
To: All
From: CherryPinkCat
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.62

LOL...thank you for this thread....How in the Heck did a penis get involved with hair styles??..
Colleen, circumcision is definitely a hot button mushroom issue for you.


 Date: 8:16 PM
To: ColleenyBeany
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.63

I've never heard of such issues, and I know quite a few intact men and their parters.

What is a "parter"? And, you really KNOW what is going on in the bedrooms of all of these intact men? Strange.
RIP Bobbie Stokes

 Date: 8:18 PM
To: All
From: girliemomX3
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.64

I just don't want them to cut it too short....
Are you talking about his hair, or his penis?

I am getting confused. I don't understand penis talk.




 Date: 8:20 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.65

What is a "parter"? And, you really KNOW what is going on in the bedrooms of all of these intact men? Strange.
Oh, we're resorting to making fun of typos now? How grown-up of you! I can see we're done here now. I made my point and you... What DID you do, exactly? Oh, right, told us how dirty your vagina is. How fantastic for you.



Noah - 7/30/05



 Date: 8:21 PM
To: All
From: italianmamaof2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.66

But I have had to look at it multiple times a day since he was born, and luckily for both of us, everything's all nice and neat down there, instead of raw and exposed.
Just so ya know, I DON'T have to look at my son's penis multiple times a day ( you know, to make sure it's clean and all) and it hasn't been "raw" since right after the circ. My question to you is....why is what I do with MY son any of your business? and why are you so angry about it?
Sad that you don't see it as mutilation, though, since that's exactly what it is. It's not "idiotic", it's obvious
Well, i'm not going to argue with a brick wall, but there are certain medical advantages to having it done, which is why many families prefer to have it done. Dh is glad his was done as well.
"Yes, Dr, please cut off the most sensitive part of my penis so that I'm exposed and will eventually lose most of the *good* feeling down there."
Hmmm.....seems like my husband has plenty of the "good" feeling left to me, as did all the circ'd partners I've been with. I've been with one uncirced man, but guess what? I didn't even know that he wasn't circ'd! I thought he was just really shy and that's why he always wanted to dtd with the lights off....turns out he was ashamed of his uncirc'd penis. Guess what, it didn't make him very good in bed because he was so shy about it! Anywhoo fwiw, my best friend did not circ her son, and I did, and it was no big deal, just different choices...........at least she wasn't a zealot about it, holy moly!




 Date: 8:24 PM
To: All
From: ari&elimom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.67

I just don't want them to cut it too short....
Are you talking about his hair, or his penis?

I am getting confused. I don't understand penis talk.
YEAH call me confused too....is everything about the PENIS? Nope! My son is only 4 1/2 so there is no hair there (but I just read the early puberty thread so I don't want to offend, as there maybe could be soon enough!)


 Date: 8:26 PM
To: All
From: creamedcorn


Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.68

I am offended.
My son is circ'd and I AM GLAD. He is happy, healthy and suffers no ill from the procedure.
Do you picket local pediatricians with giant signs of circ's gone wrong to scare the new mommies too?
CC

ON TOPIC: I like the beachy look too.






 Date: 8:27 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.69

Ok, one last thing, OP, I am very sorry that your whole post was hijacked.  Honestly.

Noah - 7/30/05


 Date: 8:29 PM
To: All
From: ari&elimom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.70

No worries Colleen! I'm bored anyway!






 Date: 8:32 PM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.71

Oh, right, told us how dirty your vagina is. How fantastic for you.

My vagina is fine, thank you-VERY fine, according to my husband. Also, being uncirced makes minute-men. I guess you didn't do ALL your research.
RIP Bobbie Stokes
Date: 8:34 PM
To: All
From: ~*~QueenBee~*~
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.72

ok - color me stupid if you want - but i've heard of some ADULT men having to get their penis circumcised because they kept having medical issues.

does this happen??

i think i'd rather have it done as an infant than an adult.
~Heather


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6


 Date: 8:34 PM
To: All
From: SmileyBmomto3
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.73

My youngest



And this is him with his really long hair about a year ago.



and my ods

 Date: 8:34 PM
To: All
From: My miracles
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.74

you cant be serious! dont blame your uti's on your ex and his natural penis.

WHY is it so hard to believe? Are YOU married to an uncirced man? I am allowed to have an opinion based on what I experienced-and it remains unchanged. I haven't had those problems since.
Personally I prefer not to discuss my DH's penis on the internet, but I will say that I was with a man for 5yrs who was un circ'd and it was just fine, no UTI's or infections, he was very clean and had no reason to be ashamed about his penis. I will tell you that most men I know really dont care wether they are circ'd or not, and like I said before, its only in the US that people seem to think it is just normal to circ baby boys when they are born, you may want to look into that.
Also, men who are circ'd have NO IDEA what sensations they have lost b/c they never knew the difference. I read an interview with a man who had to be circd as an adult due to cancer, he said he lost 99% of the sensation down there...too bad for him!
I really dont care what you do with your sons penis, I just wouldnt blame infections on an uncircd penis and I wouldnt personally cut off any part of my childs body that was supposed to be there. If it was not supposed to be there why were they born with it?
Back to the hair cuts, OMG those 80's pics are killing me, I had a haircut just like that in the early 80's dorothy hamill all the way 




 Date: 8:37 PM
To: All
From: duster902
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.75

Here is my oldest sons hair. It is a little longer now.

 Date: 8:43 PM
To: All
From: ~*~Michele~*~
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.76

*giggle* this is one odd thread.
I actually marked it high interest earlier bc my 2nd son wants to keep his hair longer...who knew boys hairstyles would turn into a penis debate?

ROFL!
formerly known as lovemy2boys+1girl



 Date: 8:55 PM
To: All
From: gwotn
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.77

LMAO Nita, I'm lovin your little ol' drama thread, you instigator you. 
Love the pictures of the kids and Vic too. I'm not an expert, but your acct looks private; however, I could save the pictures you posted. Eli's hair is getting long and I like it.
Love the beach picture and longer hairstyles. That will look great on him. Stay away from the 80's mushroom/bowl and mohawk cuts. (JMHO)
We need to get the kids together soon.
Now back to the previously scheduled drama. 


Glenda

Life is a journey and only you hold the map.

Date: 9:31 PM
To: All
From: boyandgirlmakes2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.78

The Bowl or mushroom cut was never classic, always just uggh really. Worse when the back of it is shaved. In our playgroup we always called that bowl cut, the penis-do, then this thread derails into a circ debate.


 Date: 9:49 PM
To: All
From: Caroline and Charles' Mum
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.79

I would love for DS to have longer hair. He had such great hair - thick, wavy. However, he likes to have it buzzed. He tells the barber how he wants it. Most of the boys who play sports around here have a buzz - helment hair.
And I am not going to discuss his penis...... That is just too weird.
And that haircut does look like a mushroom but I was thinking Dorothy Hamel.


 Date: 10:44 PM
To: All
From: Mom2MonkeyDo
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.80

How does a hair thread turn into a penis thread? 
I am in the longer hair styles. Both of my boys have longer hair..not overly long but never have I gave either of them a short cut. I have been tempted to cut ods short and spike it up..haha Dh talks me out of that one though. ;)
Anyway, here are recent pics of both of them..
(and no, ods hair is not in a bowl cut..it is longer in the back and no shaved areas..lol)

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that yds is getting curls on the tips of his hair which is so cute. Ods has always had hair straight as a board. Now I get to deal with both..lol

Amanda

Edited 10:46 PM by Mom2MonkeyDo


 Date: 10:51 PM
To: All
From: spicymom2005
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.81

In both photos his hair is messy but here is Evan's longish hair.



Kim mom to three!
Eryn Nichole 2-2-96
Evan Riley 9-21-99
Cassie Jane 11-18-05

 Date: 11:03 PM
To: ColleenyBeany
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.82

You're kidding, right? What in the he!! does a stupid bowl/ Amish haircut have to do with a penis?
Blinkies are getting old...who cares if your kid is "intact" or not. Hopefully he doesn't have to wear a shirt saying that. OMG!     This isn't even up for debate, but you're bringing it up? Someone has issues.
(off to read the other posts!)


Mary
Mommy to: Ian, Macy & Jack


 Message 151890.83 was deleted   Date: 11:37 PM
To: All
From: MyWitsAnd4
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.84

go drama go drama go drama its your birthday go drama woo!!!!!!!! 
thanks ladies. ask and you shall receive.
and yea, the bowl haircuts make your boys look like MAJOR dorks. no one thinks they look good unless they are cutting their kid's hair like that too or or over the age of 60.
and yay for penises! who cares what they look like, they can be lots of fun!



 Date: 11:43 PM
To: All
From: 3airforcebrats
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.85

I can go to bed smiling, this thread is funny. 
The pictures of the cute little surfer hair cuts are so stinkin' cute. My oldest has one, but he combs all of it toward his eyes so he looks um... well- stupid...I will not be posting pictures.  (Of his hair or his penis) .
I wonder what my 4 year old would look like? It would be so weird to see him with long hair, he has always had short hair.

Proud Air Force wife and mom to 3 Air Force brats!

 Date: 11:47 PM
To: All
From: MyWitsAnd4
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.86



and as a courtesy for those of you wondering what your own kid would look like as a dork....in your choice of colors ETA: MAN! i am SO cutting their hair like that first thing in the morning!




Edited 12:02 AM by MyWitsAnd4
Edited 12:09 AM by MyWitsAnd4


 Date: 12:40 AM
To: All
From: RollerGirl
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.87

Do you all really find it entertaining to make fun of children? I usually enjoy the drama on this board, but I don't seem to find this one funny at all.

 Date: 4:47 AM
To: All
From: PumpkinRabbit
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.88

Rebecca, For us, it was my mom who kept trying to get us to cut the boys' hair. For awhile, I was afraid to leave them alone with her. My younger ds has awesome curly hair (I think my mom was jealous- I know I am!). Right now it is down to his shoulders. She did talk my older son into a haircut so now it is in the 'looks like it needs a haircut' stage again. (Her mantra is "Isn't that getting in your eyes?")
My mil has plenty of other non-hair related ways of being a pain in the neck.
~Angela





 Date: 5:31 AM
To: All
From: Sassy101
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.89

Umm...ok. This thread took a weird turn.
Anyway, my 8 yr old ds is growing his hair out to look like Drake's on Drake and Josh.(he's obsessed with him.) But he has a huge cowlick right in front , and I don't know how well this cut is going to look. But he is adamant about growing it, so I am letting him. There are some cute kids on this thread! I love Rebecca's ds's hair and the beach pic. I also love the closeup up the little blond boy.(I can't remember who it was) That is how I want my 2nd ds's hair.
BTW, all my boys are circumcised and I am very happy with my decision.


Date: 5:42 AM
To: All
From: -Marny-
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.90

My sons hair is pretty wavy, and its getting longer. I cant cut those curls yet!! This was taken at daycare yesterday.










 Date: 5:44 AM
To: All
From: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.91

Oh my goodness, I go to bed and look at what happened.
Colleen, you need to take a pill and relax. Seriously, why are you so obsessed with your sons penis? The blinky, the ranting, the raving...come on. In 15 years are you still going to be as verbal about your choice to circumcise your little boy? I don't think he will be pleased if you are still acting like this then.
Things I have learned today
Haircuts have absolutely nothing to do with Penises.
Some people can get bent out of shape about anything.
Thank goodness I have 2 girls right now.
If we do have a boy, he will be circumcised. No amount of flack from the circumcision obsessed mommas will change it.
I really don't care if other peoples kids are circumcised.


Edited 5:45 AM by LoveMy2GirlyGirls

 Date: 5:48 AM
To: All
From: shadeysmom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.92

Marny your son is beautiful. His eyes were popping right off the screen at me. I love his little curls.
My DS has stick straight hair and he looks like a little shaggy dog. His hair is so fine and I think it looks terrible. I don't want to go with a short cut so I'm hoping I can get some ideas from this thread.
Stacey DD 4/30/02 DS 11/30/05


 Message 151890.93 was deleted   Date: 5:58 AM
To: All
From: Goldilocks,2LittleBears&aWolf
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.94

FTR, maybe bowl cut wasn't the rigth word. Here is a picture of my son:

There is nothing 80's about this - just nice traditional, classic cut. I can't imagine him with short or buzzed hair!


 Date: 6:03 AM
To: 3airforcebrats
From: cassy'smom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.95

lmfao.
that's funny about your comment, over the eyes. my dh was watching tv yesterday and wanted to know what was up with all these boys and their hair over their eyes.
my son is only almost 9 months, his hair is longish, i am not cutting it b/c he has such cute hair!
lady w/ the 'intact son' - why are you so angry? LOL. who cares if people circ or not, their choice so shut it!

 Date: 6:10 AM
To: All
From: Mom2BabyDuck&NannerBean
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.96

What a great thread I love the longer hairstyles on little boys, but I'm sorry, it has to have some texture to it. The bowl cut has NEVER been in style. My kids have very short hair but I hope they will grow it out when they get older. Right now, its just easier for them to have it short.


As for their penis they are both cut and I am VERY happy with that decision. Can I get a blinky for that somewhere?






If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong!




 Date: 6:24 AM
To: All
From: morticianmomma
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.97

Good fun.
My son was circ'd. Now I read this thread....Is it too late?
 Connor James

Date: 6:25 AM
To: morticianmomma
From: 3airforcebrats
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.98

HAHAHA..only if you live in Cali. Sorry. 

Proud Air Force wife and mom to 3 Air Force brats!


 Date: 6:37 AM
To: All
From: Liza13eth
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.99

hahahahhaha omg this thread is AWESOME. and to think i almost didnt look at it because i only have a girl?! wow im glad i did; ive laughed so hard my coworkers are wondering whats going on.
anyway, i LOVE the beach picture (as does everyone obviously) and HATE the chili bowl. jmo, of course 
also, this might be a little tmi, but to the pp who keeps getting flamed bc she used to not *ahem* take good care of herself down there with her first marriage, im sorry - i think im the first gal on your side. i was backpacking around europe a couple of years ago and met this sexy australian guy in a hostel in amsterdam (who had AMAZING long shaggy hair btw - just want to kind of stay on topic) and we hooked up. i realize this probably wasnt the safest or best choice i have ever made, but long story short - he was NOT circ'ed and i, too, got a UTI from all the bacteria up in his thing. hes still the only guy ive ever been with that was still "in tact" and i definitely prefer a circ'ed dong 

 Date: 6:42 AM
To: All
From: Seh1474
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.100

For those who are wondering how this turned into a penis debate, I'll give you a quick play-by-play. Mom#1 posts a picture of her child's haircut in response to the OP's question. Mom#2 rudely makes fun of Mom#1's child using the same wording that Mom#1 has in her blinkie about an issue that is important to her. Mom#1 gets defensive about both the rude comments about her child and also the use of her blinkie wording. And so the penis debate begins.
Now girls, is it really ok to make fun of someone else's child? And everyone has an issue they belive in. So you think hers is stupid? Many others probably think yours is stupid.
Let's get back to posting some cute hair pictures. I'm looking for new styles for both of my boys. The youngest (5) is outgrowing the little boy look. He has super-straight, super-thick, silky dark brown hair. My other ds (6) has this baby-fine blonde hair and the horrible widow's peak (he can thank his dad for that) that seems very difficult to cover.
And for those of you who have said that bowl-cuts were never in style. You are wrong. They were in style for older kids throughout the 70s and 80s and are still a pretty common classic cut for boys under 5. I understand not everyone likes them. I personally hate buzz cuts. Why anyone wants their child to look bald, I just don't know.
Sara



 Date: 6:42 AM
To: All
From: shell+mike
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.101

I like the longer styles too, however I don't think it looks good on everybody (or even most kids). I think you pretty much need to have thicker hair with some wave to it to pull it off. My boys were "blessed" with my fine pin straight hair, so short is pretty much it for now. Maybe when they are older, it will thicken up.

I just think there is a fine line between stylish and just plain messy looking. Like Kate Hudson's son.....just yuk in my opinion. The great thing is that everybody is entitled to their own opinions. What is one person's "yuk" is another person's "dream!"

HST.....No bowl cuts here. Had one briefly as a kid (thank you Dorothy) and just couldn't do that to my boys!
Michelle
Mommy to Caden 4 and Gavin 20 months

 Date: 6:52 AM
To: All
From: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.102

Mom #2 here.
Where exactly did "Mom#2 rudely makes fun of Mom#1's child using the same wording that Mom#1 has in her blinkie about an issue that is important to her".
Please enlighten me as to what you mean by this? I could care less if Mom #1s child is circumcised, there is nothing in her siggy about mushrooms. In my first post I said nothing about her sons penis.
I just think the haircut is terrible.



 Date: 6:56 AM
To: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.103

Kelli, ITA. 



Mary
Mommy to: Ian, Macy & Jack

 Date: 6:58 AM
To: All
From: boyandgirlmakes2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.104

Just because something was a fad, never meant it was a good look. Bowl haircuts were never a good look. No one is making fun of the child, just the look. Also FWIW an intactivist jumped all over me in a post that had nothing to do with cicumcison recently and started yammering about circing. It is great to have a cause, but it is not necessary to spread the word at every opportunity.


 Date: 7:04 AM
To: All
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.105

I love men in short hair (see 3 out of 4 of my guys-dh in middle talking)...or longer hair.
Just not bowl cuts or that longer cut where the little boy looks like a girl from the back or front or side. 


Mary
Mommy to: Ian, Macy & Jack

 Date: 7:06 AM
To: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
From: Becca'sWorld
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.106

I just think the haircut is terrible

Oh, Keli, it is so hard to see how you are making fun of it... Wow! You really are not very smart apparently. Someone posted a pic of their child and you (not even a mom of boys) decided it was your job to over and over say the haircut is horrible! I am positive that if someone came on here and said that bows in girl's hair was ugly and awful you would be up in arms too!
BECCA

DS-March 2006



 Date: 7:11 AM
To: All
From: jt3ofus
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.107

Check out www.haircuttery.com and watch for the picture of the blondish boy-about 6 years old. My son has very thick hair and a cowlick in the back and we had it cut like this and it has worked great. It's not shaved but not long and would work good for the growing out stage. The trick is that they cut into the hair so you get length without bulk. Good for if your kid's hair is like mine and grows up instead of long.
I also recommend Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Shaping Cream for getting the piecey look. We all use it here.

 Date: 7:18 AM
To: boyandgirlmakes2
From: phan#1
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.108

boyandgirlmakes2: well said! I agree with every point in your post.
Comparing haircuts to being intact or not is like comparing apples to cruise ships.....they have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other. 
Jess


 Date: 7:23 AM
To: All
From: Rez0
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.109

Just because something was a fad, never meant it was a good look. Bowl haircuts were never a good look. No one is making fun of the child, just the look. Also FWIW an intactivist jumped all over me in a post that had nothing to do with cicumcison recently and started yammering about circing. It is great to have a cause, but it is not necessary to spread the word at every opportunity.

To you it might not be necessary but to her it is. Do you see Obama blinkies and breastfeeding blinkies, biracial blinkies etc. etc. Why is not ok for her?
I personally love to spread the word about male genital mutilation and how awful it is. You gotta problem with that?

Date: 7:27 AM
To: All
From: Goldilocks,2LittleBears&aWolf
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.110

Okay just to clear up the difference in a "bowl" cut and a classic cut for little boys, the bowl cut I think that most are referring to is a chunky, looks curled under look as posted in the celebrity pictures. The classic cut I am referring to is hair that is almost the same length all the way around, perhaps a bit longer in the back, no shaving involved. It may be referred to as shaggy hair. FWIW, I detest really short hair on boys especially buzz cuts or spikey products dos. I can't imagine "styling" my 3 year olds hair with gel! I live in the South and perhaps that skeews my thoughts but my 2 will have a classic longer style until they are old enough to have an opinion. Keep the clippers put away!!!

Edited 7:28 AM by Goldilocks,2LittleBears&aWolf


Date: 7:32 AM
To: All
From: bookends
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.111

Where exactly did "Mom#2 rudely makes fun of Mom#1's child using the same wording that Mom#1 has in her blinkie about an issue that is important to her".

I missed the connection too! I was wondering how we got on the pen!s topic.

And back to the haircuts, I found this pic online. This might work for the growing out phase:

 Date: 7:33 AM
To: jt3ofus
From: *My3Bears*
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.112

Thank you SO much pp for posting that link! That's exactly what I need to do with ds's hair! I love it longer but he has this weird cowlick at the crown and on the sides, this style would be great for the inbetween without getting all poofy!
I am LOVING the longer cuts a lot of you have posted! Duster209 (I hope that's right) Your son is adoreable! What a cutie!
As for the other issue, we had him cut and we made an informed choice. Until you've seen a grown man go through the pain of his foreskin turning to stone and having to have it done anyway you haven't seen anything! YIKES! This happened with my grandfather and all of my uncles as well as my husband's oldest brother and FIL. I know this because when they found out we were having a boy THEY told me! They didn't want me to not have him cut! To each his own.

Jeni
Hannah 9,Megan 6 & Jack 3



 Date: 7:34 AM
To: Rez0
From: boyandgirlmakes2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.113

Spreading the word and stuffing it down people's throats at every opportunity are two different things. We are all grown women capable of making decisions and don't need to be reminded of your opinion whenever you feel compelled to share it. There is a time and a place for everything and the key to being a good advocate for a cause is to figure out when it is appropriate to discuss and when it isn't. It would be stupid to share my opinion about say abortion in the middle of a thread talking about washing machines, now wouldn't it?
 Date: 7:39 AM
To: All
From: Sassy101
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.114

Mary, I must say, you have some VERY good looking men in that picture!!




 Date: 7:41 AM
To: All
From: Leesiepie_Mom2Dev&Pres
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.115

I never knew so many people were against short hair on boys.I prefer my boys' hair to be short becaus eit is more manageable and they dont get as sweaty.When they get older i will let them have more say in their hairstyle but for now i keep it short .I do have to say that some of these boys do look adorable with their shaggy hair though.
In the summer we totally buzz their hair .I really thought that was the norm.
In the pics in my siggy they had pretty recent haircuts for the fall.They are getting their haircut again today because its growing over their ears a little bit.I guess i am a little anal....lol.
 Date: 7:47 AM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.116

i realize this probably wasnt the safest or best choice i have ever made, but long story short - he was NOT circ'ed and i, too, got a UTI from all the bacteria up in his thing. hes still the only guy ive ever been with that was still "in tact" and i definitely prefer a circ'ed dong 

I don't think anyone would have commented on the circ. thing, but the one with all the blinkies was so defensive and militant, it was ridiculous. My boys penises are not mutilated, thank you.
And talking about my personal hygiene is a pathetic attempt to put the blame on me. I know what I experienced and I have not had that prob. since.
RIP Bobbie Stokes


Edited 7:55 AM by Whateva!


 Date: 7:49 AM
To: PumpkinRabbit
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.117

To you it might not be necessary but to her it is. Do you see Obama blinkies and breastfeeding blinkies, biracial blinkies etc. etc. Why is not ok for her?
I personally love to spread the word about male genital mutilation and how awful it is. You gotta problem with that?
Here's "my problem" with the blinkies period: They come across like bragging rights to "my kid is rear facing until he's 5" (j/k!) or the entire mutilation stuff.
I think any blinkies other than our kids, families or bb should be banned at this point b/c I'm so sick of seeing who's breastfeeding or b/f their kids, who's rear facing, or who is obsessed w/ their son's penis.
I am OFFENDED by y'all calling mutilation. Why? B/c it's my choice to NOT circ my sons. It's also a Biblical thing/Christian faith thing for us, but since I've said that; there will be people pegging me for a religious fanatic, of which I'm not.
Funny how your avitar is for peace...you're doing a lot to stir up drama here.

Mary
Mommy to: Ian, Macy & Jack

Date: 7:52 AM
To: Sassy101
From: Irish128
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.118

Sarah,
 Thank you. I think so too.  

Yds before haircut: Yds after haircut (he's 3 YO): 

Mary
Mommy to: Ian, Macy & Jack


 Date: 7:55 AM
To: All
From: Mom2BabyDuck&NannerBean
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.119

Guess I'm a bad mom for shaving their head AND cutting their penis'









If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong!

 Date: 7:58 AM
To: All
From: Sassy101
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.120

Another mom who is also offended by the term "mutilation" Come on, are you serious?? Get off your high horse. This is just another example of the "I'm a better mom than you" agenda.




 Date: 8:05 AM
To: All
From: DarinsMom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.121

I'm a big fan of the short hair cuts. This coming from a girl who dated nothing but long-haired men in the 80's 
Ann
Proud mom of a short haired MUTILATED boy 

 Date: 8:07 AM
To: All
From: NuckingFuts
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.122

I love all these long hair styles! Unfortunately, we live in FL. My ODS has really thick hair and he sweats like crazy so we keep his hair short. My YDS has really fine hair that just gets poofy when long and he sweats like crazy too. I can't imagine them playing outside on a summer day and not being able to get their hair off their necks (like in a pony tail), God knows I hate my long thick hair on my neck when it's 95 out!



Erin (fka mike and ike), Mommy to Isaiah 2.3.04 Michael 6.9.05
"Mothers are all slightly insane." ~ J.D. Salinger
Some people are like slinkies; not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!


 Date: 8:15 AM
To: All
From: Jordan's_Kisses
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.123

Thank you to the mom's who posted the pics of 'in between' styles to get from short to longER. My son would love to have Zac Efron's (sp?) hair and I'd love to see if he could grow it like the beach pic (another fan here) but I know I'd go insane if he just had 'in between' hair from now until then. In fact, it's been maybe 2 weeks since his last cut and he's already looking sloppy so I'll be able to try one of those other looks for him soon.
We had one boy on the football team who had actual long hair, like longer than most of the pics posted and there were comments from some of the other kids, but I think that was mostly b/c he was a little bit of a crier and small for his age, so some boys thought he actually was a girl at first, but that was put to rest. Unfortunately, the 'thing' around here is mohawks or army bald, we don't go quite that short despite stepmom's requests to 'shave it'..umm, no thanks!
Yeah and I guess I'm a bad mommy too, short hair and circ'ed....oh well, we'll survive this just like we've survived/are surviving single parenting, WOHM, no breastfeeding, not much baby-wearing and not rear facing, plus medicating for ADHD. So far, so good! I think I need some blinkies, LOL!

 Date: 8:16 AM
To: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
From: Seh1474
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.124

I just think the haircut is terrible.
Just a bit rude, don't you think? And I'm guessing Mom#1 was off a bit by your use of "he'll thank you for it later." Although the exact same wording is in her little blinkie you obviously didn't mean to use the same wording. You were just simply trying to say that she gave her kid a haircut you don't like. Only you couldn't say something like "not my style" you had to be rude.
And why exactly were you checking into a boy's hair thread anyway unless you were trying to upset someone? You only have girls, right? What could you possibly have to add from your own experience with sons? Isn't that what the OP was asking in the first place?
FTR I never pay any attention to anyone's blinkies. I didn't even know what anyone was talking about! So keep them or don't keep them. I'm guessing many others couldn't care less about them either.
Sara (mom to 3 boys, stepmom to 3 more boys)


 Date: 8:32 AM
To: All
From: girliemomX3
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.125

I know the pp did not direct the "why are you reading this thread when you don't have boys" at me, but I just wanted to chime in and say that it obviously turned into a drama thread (because simple hair cuts would not generate this many posts, lol) so, here I am!! Because bargain board drama is for EVERY mama!!!
BTW... the circumcision blinkies are lame. I really do not care what you do with your kids penis. And why do you care that I know what you did with said penis?? Really now.
 Date: 8:40 AM
To: All
From: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.126

Here is a picture of my pumpkinhead little 10 yo brother. Isnt he adorable?

By the way he is not circumcised due to being really sick at birth and then his birth mom was too lazy to get it done when he was well. He is very self conscious about it and had my mom take him to the doctor last summer about it. He chose not to do it because it would hurt a ton.



 Date: 8:42 AM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.127

Will this thread show up on dramamama thread???? It WILL disappear soon, I am sure. Of course Militant Mom thinks you will care about her child's uncut-non-mutilated penis! She is such a fab. mom for not trashing her son's winkie! My unfortunate sons penises are just MUTILATED and they are scarred for life. My hubbie's winkie is "mutilated" but I still manage to enjoy it quite a bit!
RIP Bobbie Stokes
 Date: 8:43 AM
To: All
From: Blendedfamof6
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.128

Hey Mary, can you post another picture of your dh, lol....
Sorry...I haven't had a man in my house for the last 4 months...LOL

Anyway....
Here are my two sons...my youngest always wants his hair cut in a short military cut, because he wants to be in the military. Besides the fact his hair is really wiry and thick, I don't know if it will grow out.
My oldest is definately going through the shaggy look. In fact, he's mad b/c I made him cut his bangs below eyebrow level..LOL
I don't really care about their hair as long as they look presentable...
Here's a pictue from my birthday..it's not a good pic but at least you get an idea about the haircuts


Cynthia - not that anyone is asking but I like circed dongs too...that made me LOL at my desk today!!!!


Edited 8:48 AM by Blendedfamof6


 Date: 8:51 AM
To: All
From: Liza13eth
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.129

we'll survive this just like we've survived/are surviving single parenting, WOHM, no breastfeeding, not much baby-wearing and not rear facing, plus medicating for ADHD. So far, so good! I think I need some blinkies, LOL!
JordansKisses: Let me know if you find this blinkie bc I need one too 

 Date: 8:52 AM
To: All
From: Team_Testosterone
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.130

Although I agree that bowl cuts were in fact popular in the 70's and 80's I totally disagree that they are a "pretty common classic" for boys under 5 currently. Maybe it is a regional thing but here in the midwest I seldom see boys with the bowl/mushroom haircut.
That being said, I find your posts to be confusing. You first state, "Now girls, is it really ok to make fun of someone else's child?" in regards to bowl cuts and then you say, " I personally hate buzz cuts. Why anyone wants their child to look bald, I just don't know." Why are you the only one allowed to have an opinion?
As for me and my kids...I would love to do a shaggy longer look but both my boys have straight hair (so it would turn out looking bowl'ish and stringy) so we do the straight look.




 Date: 8:56 AM
To: All
From: Sweaty Cheese
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.131

Alright ladies, chill the heck out. Some like short, some like long. I suggest we all meet somewhere in the middle, ok? You can't go wrong with this cut, and it suits everyone's personalities, lifestyle.

Sweaty

 Date: 9:01 AM
To: All
From: Popsiclesandicecream
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.132

Business in the front party in the back can't lose with a mullet!


 Date: 9:01 AM
To: All
From: kootnygirl
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.133

The classic cut I am referring to is hair that is almost the same length all the way around, perhaps a bit longer in the back, no shaving involved

Sorry - but this is exactly my definition of a bowl cut.
And to the pp who posted the picture of her son and his 'classic cut' (maybe even the same pp as above, I didn't go back and check), sorry - that's a bowl, too. It doesn't look the same because it's not freshly cut and your son's hair is thinner than some of the pics posted, but it is definitely a bowl. He's adorable, though, no matter what.
The thing is, WHO CARES!! Your kids are all cute.
As for the other thing - I will admit (since we're talking about it) that I completely disagree with circ'ing and I do think that cutting a baby and removing part of him for purely esthetic reasons does qualify as mutilation. But the poster who injected it into this thread was way out of line. Blinkie? whatever, I ignore them, but to go out of your way to push your cause isn't cool. The people with Obama blinkies don't just randomly shove comments into unrelated posts.

Sharon
Mom to 2 girls, March '03 & November '04



































No comments: