Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mushroom cuts. Part 1

Date: 4:59 PM
To: All
From: bookends
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.12

I don't have any pics to share, as I'd like to grow out my ds' hair too. Problem is, it gets to a certain point and just starts looking wiry and sticking straight out in all directions. Do I just have to be patient through the awkward looking phase?

Oh, and I found this photo on the web (not my pic). This is kind of what I was thinking of....




Edited 5:00 PM by bookends


 Date: 5:01 PM
To: ColleenyBeany
From: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.13

Ummm, what does hair have to do with a penis?



 Date: 5:02 PM
To: All
From: Sugar Pants
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.14

Unfortunately, I have no advice on how to acheive that look. it's his buzz cut grown out. 

Now, if you do decide to go shaggy, hide all scissors from you MIL. And don't let your kid go over to play for an afternoon. Because when you get him back, he might look like THIS:





And then you might have to call every beautician you know on a Saturday night to get it fixed before you have to go to church the next day, because your poor kid is mortified of his own hair.





My Personal Blog: J and C and Me






 Date: 5:04 PM
To: All
From: bcHOSTnjgrl
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.15

My ds(5) is also letting his grow as well. He said he wants to be a dirty surfer this summer. 
  Date: 5:05 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.16

Ummm, what does hair have to do with a penis?
Well, it was clearly the mushroom reference that linked them for me.  But you're right, they're not the same AT ALL. Hair is much less significant... That and Hair grows back, foreskins don't.


Noah - 7/30/05




 Date: 5:05 PM
To: All
From: Jordan's_Kisses
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.17

Have a question for those who have let their son's grow out their hair.
Did you do something to make it less 'in need of a cut' looking while going from clipper cut to longer?
J has wanted to grow his out from time to time and we never make it past 6-8 weeks before both of us say 'time for a haircut'. He looks so darn cute with a fresh cut..his is usually kind of a fade with the skater bangs. I wouldn't mind seeing it longer..and it would save me the $12-$15 every 6 weeks so a bargain too.
How do we get through the grow out stage?


 Date: 5:07 PM
To: All
From: Mayghan
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.18

DS is only 2 and I really really hate the "freshly cut hair" look so I avoid cutting it as much as possible!
Here are some pictures where I like the lenght on him










 Date: 5:11 PM
To: ColleenyBeany
From: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.19

Uhhh, I have no idea what the heck your talking about..
Mushroom...

Haircut...

Nothing about a penis, are ya nuts?


 Date: 5:14 PM
To: All
From: hayseed in the city
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.20

is it sad that THIS thread might be the drama thread of the evening? 


 Date: 5:14 PM
To: All
From: Sugar Pants
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.21

erm, if we tried to post a pic....we'd be banned.

Let's just say....

cut vs uncut

mushroom vs turtle


Uh....see where we're going there?






My Personal Blog: J and C and Me





 Date: 5:16 PM
To: All
From: Seventh of the Month
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.22

I've kept my older son's hair longer since he was little, but only because he has a really nice wave to his hair. My younger son has really straight hair so I keep it shorter (not clippers short though, I can't handle it that short!) Here is a pic of my older son a couple years ago, I love it when his hair is like this:You can kind of see his hair in this pic too, this is from a couple months ago:I usually cut his hair myself, but I am so far from knowing what I'm doing that I usually cut it too short and then have to even it out and then just let it grow for a long time, trimming his bangs so it's not in his eyes, and trimming the back so he doesn't have a mullet. ;)GL, boys with longer (stylish) hair are totally in right now and SO CUTE!
Lili
Jack 1.7.03
Milo 4.7.06




 Date: 5:20 PM
To: All
From: Sugar Pants
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.23

Ooooh, that's some nice hair Lili!!

I agree, the whole, messy look, dirty surfer, rocker boy thing is really in right now.





My Personal Blog: J and C and Me




 Date: 5:21 PM
To: All
From: hayseed in the city
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.24

I love the beach pic! Too adorable!
It is so sweet when their hair looks good when it moves, esp. with a little curl.


 Date: 5:27 PM
To: All
From: txhorns91
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.25

The beach picture haircut is great-much more sylish than the dorothy hamil cut on the other boys pics.

 Date: 5:27 PM
To: All
From: ~*~QueenBee~*~
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.26

i love all the boys with the longer hair...

my DH "surprised" me by cutting ds' hair. with clippers. i almost cry every time I see it. he had the most beautiful hair... ringlets... (he's a toddler by the way).

my DH had a bowl cut when he was a little kid (4??) and it was ABSOLUTELY adorable. I look at the pics and think he was the cutest thing ever. even DH thinks he was cute.

don't worry. your son won't hate you if he has a "mushroom" cut.

to each their own.

~Heather


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6


 Date: 5:36 PM
To: All
From: kdx4jrx2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.27

My oldest son has went through many longer hair styles.
First 2 are longer styles, maybe longer than your looking for.


Here's shorter ones


Personally I like his mohawk


 Date: 5:46 PM
To: All
From: Mandie1101
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.28

First of all, WHY in the world would you compare a mushroom haircut to having your son cut/uncut down below? Totally uncalled for, IMO. And I personally agree that the 'bowl' cut is totally OUT for kids, boys or girls, these days.
My DH has pictures from when he was a little kid where he had the 'bowl' cut because his mom thought his red ringlets where SO cute. While he does not hate his mom for the hair cut he hates any of the pictures that show him with that cut. I hardly have any toddler pics of him because of it.
I would love my son to have the shaggy surfer hair cut when his hair finally grows. He's only 1yr and his hair is as long as it can be right now. 
~ Mandie ~




 Date: 5:46 PM
To: All
From: *~*LiVinG*~*
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.29

I don't understand what the problem is with the "mushroom" hair cut, which by the way is not the real mushroom hair cut like a pp pointed out. Maybe is because that's how my boys have had their hair. All the men I know that had that hair when they were little have no problem with it, even DH. Now the real mushroom hair cut, I'm not a fan of, but to each it's own. I had a friend in HS who's mom gave him that hair cut and the other boys made him cry in the bus, he came back to school the next day with a shaved head.
2 year old DS had the round cut right now, and 4.5 year old has had a buzz cut and has been letting it grow now for a few months. I almost changed my mind when he was going through the whole process because it wold stick up around the crown and then on a side but now it's starting to take shape and pretty soon I'll just cut around it. What really helped was water down gel. I would put it on and comb it down then it would dry but not be hard.

 Date: 5:48 PM
To: LoveMy2GirlyGirls
From: laliwalden
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.30

I am with Keli!! Please do not cut your boys hair like a mushroom!! LOL It reminds me of Jonathan on Who's the Boss!! 


Lindsey
Wife to Christopher
Mommy to Madalyn Noelle








 Date: 5:55 PM
To: All
From: italianmamaof2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.31

LMAO, what do you think about giving your son a mushroom penis? My guess is you probably don't have a problem with that.
Wow, trying to inject your circumcision mantra into a HAIRCUT thread? That's pretty sad. Are you insecure about your choice or something, because I notice you are also blabbing about it in your blinkie.......how do you think your son feels about the fact that you are talking about his PENIS? Who cares about hair....seriously that was a really rude and uncalled for comment. totally inappropriate. You need to get your reinforcement for your choice of penis style somewhere else........
Date: 5:55 PM
To: All
From: Yo Bacon!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.32

I tried letting DS's hair grow to get that cute sufer boy look. Sigh.
But instead of going long it grew round. It was a big poofy mess on top of his head with his hair being curly. I wish he had poker straight hair or even slightly wavy hair. His hair is inbetween curly and wavy. It's curvy?
Erin Mommy to a Sushi loving Princess and a lipgloss loving prince.


 Date: 6:57 PM
To: All
From: luvbeingnewmom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.33

ITA that the mushroom and bowl cuts are VERY outdated for little boys. It was cool in the 80's...
And really, there is no comparison to a haircut and a penis. Pretty lame comeback. 
Love the beach picture though. Too cute!

Kim
ds 05/07/03

 Date: 7:07 PM
To: All
From: Cherry*Blossom*Kokeshi
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.34

Here's my son's longer hair - it's between curly and wavy...used to be super curly when he was younger. It's sort of hard to control, but he wants it longer!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/Gaelin/CIMG4570.jpg


 Date: 7:14 PM
To: All
From: Goldilocks,2LittleBears&aWolf
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.35

"Mushroom " cuts or the bowl cut as I prefer to call it, is a classic look for boys under 5. IMO, the buzzed look is awful no matter the age. Flame away but JMHO.

 Date: 7:18 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.36

Oh, you all need to lighten up.
The comparison was the "mushroom" part. She implied that cutting my son's hair this way was "cruel" somehow. I was simply pointing out the IRONY of her comment about cutting something into a mushroom shape being cruel. In fact, that poster actually repeated, almost verbatim, my "he'll thank you for it later" blinkie, only in reference to the haircut. I think it takes a moron to NOT see the connection.
As far as being "insecure" with my decision, I think it's crystal clear that I'm quite proud of my "decision" not to mutilate my son. As far as "spouting my agenda", why yes, my anti genital mutilation stance is a HUGE part of my life. So sorry if you don't like it. Ok, I'm not sorry. Sue me.


Noah - 7/30/05




 Date: 7:20 PM
To: All
From: MommysBreakTime
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.37

Christopher was growing his hair out. Dh hated it, I thought he looked cute....
Until he got lice a couple weeks ago at school  and dh took the clippers to it! His hair was about 8 inches long.
I told him he could grow it back out if he wanted to.
-debbie

 Date: 7:27 PM
To: All
From: LuvMyRiley&Colby
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.38

my son was just born so he doesn't have long hair yet.. but I want it longish.
Last time I checked it was my decision to circumcise or not. Nobody asked for an opinion about that.
Mandi
Colby Ryan 1/7/08 8lbs 5oz 21" 


 Date: 7:28 PM
To: All
From: girliemomX3
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.39

I love longer hair on boys! (that beach shot is super cute!)
I do not get the blown in one direction look. #1... how the heck do they do that? I think I think it's cute, but I am not sure!
I do know I am a total advocate of NOT cutting your child's hair yourself, unless you are a cosmotologist. Really. My SIL cuts my nephews hair in a layered cut, and it always looks AWFUL!
Pay the $15 and take them to a professional. It really is a bargain, trust me.

 Date: 7:28 PM
To: All
From: ari&elimom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.40

OMG Rebecca, that post had me laughing WAY out loud!!!!!! (the bad haircut one!)
I've got no family near me so that won't happen!!! And ds is determined to have long hair so it will take some hefty convincing to get him in for a trim. (And BTW I loved the other pics Rebecca!)

That picture of Zac Efron made me laugh....he is so girly, esp in that picture.
Love the beach shot too!

MY husband is Navy and I used to cut hair in the Navy so my speciality is SHORT (Not buzz, but tapered clipper cuts).
My son's forehead (hairline) is quite high so I'm totally loving the longer bangs!
Here are some pics I have in Photobucket.....someone tell me if I am open up for the crazies to come steal my pictures....I'm not good at the protection/privacy thing.


And here is one with his dad (which shows off my speciality SHORT cut that I gave him!) This is when we first stopped cutting it And here is the BEFORE last summer in his "short" days (which may feel much better when summer rolls around!)




 Date: 7:31 PM
To: All
From: Too Hot for the Ove Glove
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.41

Ds had the nicholas from 8 is enough cut and I thought it was SO cute! it was gone by the time he was about 4 and I really missed it's little-boy-ness.


Come read my daily vent blog
New blog: West Orange County Restaurant Reviews
 Date: 7:32 PM
To: All
From: pandahugging fool
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.42

My youngest son has curly hair and I keep it long because it looks best like that.

My oldest son has straight hair and I've tried to grow it out into a cool hair style twice now. It gets to a certain point and he starts looking like an elf or Mr. Spock and off I go to get it cut. I wish I knew how to grow out his hair without making him look like a total nerd for a bit.

I know I've show this before but here is yds with kinda long hair.





 Date: 7:33 PM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.43

As far as being "insecure" with my decision, I think it's crystal clear that I'm quite proud of my "decision" not to mutilate my son. As far as "spouting my agenda", why yes, my anti genital mutilation stance is a HUGE part of my life. So sorry if you don't like it. Ok, I'm not sorry. Sue me.


Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't. The whole time I was married to my first hubby (uncirced), I kept UTI's and bacterial infections. I haven't had that problem since we divorced. And, yes, he kept it clean. It was just gross. JMO, of course.
RIP Bobbie Stokes
 Date: 7:34 PM
To: All
From: 42mommy242
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.44

I love longer style hair cuts on boys...it seems to be the rage in middle school...
Sadly..this is the best look..under his cap!!

This is actually 3 months of growth...he had grown it for 2 years and needed a trim....I tried to do it...We wound up at Supercuts 15 mins later and he was BALD!!!

This is another 3 months later..the awkward stage...luckily the new braces took away from his funky hair cut!!


This is last week..it is pretty long and brushes over to the side. It is pretty cute, but I never thought I would spend so much on hair product for my 12 yo son!!!


Darcy


 Date: 7:43 PM
To: All
From: italianmamaof2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.45

As far as being "insecure" with my decision, I think it's crystal clear that I'm quite proud of my "decision" not to mutilate my son.
Most people aren't "proud" of their son's penises......but whoopee for you.....
As far as "spouting my agenda", why yes, my anti genital mutilation stance is a HUGE part of my life. So sorry if you don't like it. Ok, I'm not sorry. Sue me.
I don't think you are going to convince many people to go to your side of the debate with words like "mutilation" I think that's a pretty idiotic way to argue your point.....oh I'm sorry, oh wait, no I'm not......Why is your son's penis a "huge part of your life"?
Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't.
She doesn't care, her precious little boy will never leave her right?
Ya know, I need an assinine blinkie too.......hmmmmm what body part can I obsess about on MY son.......certainly not his "mutilated" penis.......hmmm I'll have to think about that one......



 Date: 7:44 PM
To: All
From: Rez0
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.46

Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't. The whole time I was married to my first hubby (uncirced), I kept UTI's and bacterial infections. I haven't had that problem since we divorced. And, yes, he kept it clean. It was just gross. JMO, of course.


Ugh...how rude. Maybe you just figured out how to keep yourself clean after the divorce. JMO of course...


 Date: 7:46 PM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.47

Why is your son's penis a "huge part of your life"?


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Somebody needs to GET a life!

Ugh...how rude. Maybe you just figured out how to keep yourself clean after the divorce. JMO of course...
WHO is being rude?

RIP Bobbie Stokes


Edited 7:48 PM by Whateva!

 Date: 7:48 PM
To: All
From: My miracles
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.48

Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't. The whole time I was married to my first hubby (uncirced), I kept UTI's and bacterial infections. I haven't had that problem since we divorced. And, yes, he kept it clean. It was just gross. JMO, of course.
you cant be serious! dont blame your uti's on your ex and his natural penis. Did you know that the US is the only country in the world that has such a high circ rate? in many countries no one is circ'd and the women are all just fine, no uti's raging b/c the men are au natural. seriously that is just assinine!
As for the bowl cut I hate that style, it is famous from the 70s and 80s and should be left there!




 Date: 7:50 PM
To: All
From: hayseed in the city
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.49

LOL- I KNEW this thread would be a good one!

 Date: 7:53 PM
To: All
From: italianmamaof2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.50

Why is your son's penis a "huge part of your life"?


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Somebody needs to GET a life!
Huh?




 Date: 7:55 PM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.51

you cant be serious! dont blame your uti's on your ex and his natural penis.

WHY is it so hard to believe? Are YOU married to an uncirced man? I am allowed to have an opinion based on what I experienced-and it remains unchanged. I haven't had those problems since.
RIP Bobbie Stokes

 Date: 8:01 PM
To: All
From: italianmamaof2
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.54

honestly, I AM at work, and have nothing better to do...hehe......so you sort of called it lol.....I really don't care if someone circs or not, just thought it was a weird comment to make on a hair cutting thread so I thought I'd liven things up a bit since I have the time




 Date: 8:01 PM
To: All
From: ari&elimom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.55

wow...wasn't someone just asking where the drama threads were today?

(who knew this could turn that way)
I just want to figure out what to do with the boy's hair (his penis is good).
I know I need to take him in to get a cut cause its staring to get pooffy in some places and too long in the others (maybe my last cut did that!). I just don't want them to cut it too short....

 Date: 8:02 PM
To: All
From: LuvMyRiley&Colby
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.56

I love Joey but too bad he didn't have all that hair on Dancing with the Stars, the baldness really annoyed me.

Mandi
Colby Ryan 1/7/08 8lbs 5oz 21" 


 Date: 8:03 PM
To: All
From: momto2finally
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.57

holy crap! AM I glad I opened this one back up! I was looking for cute little boy hair cuts like Zac Ephron and it's all about penises (Is that right?) and mutalation? WTH?
Mushroom haricuts are not in unless it's 1976 and my mom and I just got back from getting my Doroty Hamill haircut:



or it is still the '70's and I am watching Nicholas Bradford on Eight is enough: 
It's called longish with some layers to achieve the surfer look...not place bowl on head and trim around bowl. just sayin'....
Kerry, mom to 2 great kids
Kyran 11-30-03 & Charnai 1-5-93


 Date: 8:04 PM
To: All
From: ari&elimom
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.58

OK, that Oliver cut.....it is kinda what all the Disney channel boys have, just they push it to the side and it seems to look a little better :)
but it (and the others) did make me smile!




 Date: 8:06 PM
To: All
From: Whateva!
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.59

why yes, my anti genital mutilation stance is a HUGE part of my life. So sorry if you don't like it. Ok, I'm not sorry.

Why is it ok to say this, but not state my opinion?
RIP Bobbie Stokes

 Date: 8:10 PM
To: All
From: ColleenyBeany
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.60

Your son may thank you, but your DIL prob. won't. The whole time I was married to my first hubby (uncirced), I kept UTI's and bacterial infections. I haven't had that problem since we divorced. And, yes, he kept it clean. It was just gross. JMO, of course.
Wow. That's... Gross. I've never heard of such issues, and I know quite a few intact men and their parters. I think maybe you just need a lesson on how to clean YOURSELF. Yuck.
Most people aren't "proud" of their son's penises......but whoopee for you.....
I don't think you are going to convince many people to go to your side of the debate with words like "mutilation" I think that's a pretty idiotic way to argue your point.....oh I'm sorry, oh wait, no I'm not......Why is your son's penis a "huge part of your life"?
Oh, I hardly think I was trying to convince anyone in this case. Sad that you don't see it as mutilation, though, since that's exactly what it is. It's not "idiotic", it's obvious. Oh, and LMAO, that's exactly what I said, Yes, my son's penis is a huge part of my life... But I have had to look at it multiple times a day since he was born, and luckily for both of us, everything's all nice and neat down there, instead of raw and exposed.
She doesn't care, her precious little boy will never leave her right?
LMAO! Oh, that was good for a laugh. My son's whole penis has nothing to do with me, other than the fact that it was/IS my duty to keep him safe and protect him, and when I declined the circumcision after he was born, I did just that.  He's welcome to choose circumcision when he turns 18, though I think we all know that won't happen. "Yes, Dr, please cut off the most sensitive part of my penis so that I'm exposed and will eventually lose most of the *good* feeling down there." Sounds good, right? I'm sure it happens all the time! Not.

Noah - 7/30/05




 Date: 8:11 PM
To: All
From: MommysBreakTime
Add to FriendsIgnore

Report as Violation
Print
Send to a Friend
Bookmark 151890.61

So back to the hair style issue...
This was Christopher at Christmas. It grew a bit more before we had to cut it.


























No comments: